Ninja Legacy on Android w/ Intel Crosswalk

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:11 pm

@Tekniko, thank you so much for the feedback. It's been mostly a one man effort, since my friend helped with some art part-time on and off whenever he had time, whereas I devoted full days (and nights) to it.

The first 3 levels are actually the lowest quality in terms of art, we were learning how to draw starting out (literally pen, paper, youtube tutorials) and our early creations I would say are crap compared to later levels.

I was wondering if that type of gameplay is unique since I haven't encountered many games where the focus is to deflect enemy attacks.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:31 am

Updated game on Chrome, some new Art and extra WebGL effects put to use (I had stripped them out of the Android version due to slow-downs on mobiles).

Try it out and see if you can defeat the first 3 bosses!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ninja-legacy-free/knmgppfccemkkchhkpakidghdfiefkpe?hl=enSilverforce2014-01-27 00:32:49
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:08 am

Found a left over bug on the Android version, I had tried to disable all the WebGl effects since it runs so slow on mobiles, but left a Hard Light (fx) on the layers during combat (for contrast/nightime).. I just removed it, and it went from running at 25 fps to 40-45 fps on my Tegra 3 tablet.

There's a lesson for other devs on mobiles via CocoonJS, don't bother designing your game around most of the WebGL effects in Construct 2, the performance hit is MASSIVE and absolutely not worth it.

Updating to v1.26 on the Play Store now. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Halfgeek%20Studios&c=apps&hl=en

Edit: On the other hand, C2 -> CocoonJS -> Mobiles perform very well, even for demanding games with 720p and heaps of high-res sprite animations. Silverforce2014-02-09 01:45:56
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:33 pm

Really fed up with Ludei's lack of support.

1. Blinking logo
2. LONG load times.
3. Too much memory use due to loading everything into vram on startup.
4. Way too many permissions required, no customization.

I tried Intel's XDK with Crosswalk and I am very satisfied. Performs the same or smoother, uses HALF the memory, loads 3X faster and can see the loading logo. The only negative so far, lack of volume control, so I had to put in a Mute option. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next Crosswalk in march!

Re-released via Crosswalk compiler:
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Halfgeek%20Studios&c=apps&hl=en

Crosswalk is amazing, tested it on a very old phone: HTC Incredible S, weak SoC and 512mb ram and it ran flawless, with perfect screen resizing. Using CocoonJS, it would never load due to low ram.Silverforce2014-02-11 00:42:47
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations