nintendisney

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:05 pm

[quote:127oecd9]Well, you from the other hand start sounding like sony fanboy ;)[/quote:127oecd9]
I'm a game fanboy
I play my pc more than I play my ps3, but if we're going to talk about console games, pc doesn't apply. I didn't get a 360 because A: I refuse to pay for xbox live. That's like me buying a Corolla, and then paying Toyota to drive it on highways. and B: because every xbox360 killer app is a First Person Shooter. They are better played with a keyboard and mouse. This is arguably a fact, and not an opinion, because it gives you greater control, and the possibility of faster gameplay. plus my pc puts 360 and ps3 to shame, so why would I play the same games with worse graphics, worse gameplay, and I get charged to play. so that's why I have a ps3, for console style games, and since that's whats out now, what else am I supposed to mention?

anyway, that's off on a tangent, trying to contrast nintendo to another hardware or system developer by talking about purely adult oriented games is meaningless. sony is my only point of reference, but yes, at this point in time, I think ps3 is the best system to have. if that project natal proves to be all it's cracked up to be, than maybe that'll change next year

[quote:127oecd9]Anyway and after all what's importand is the game itslef. There is loads of crap on all three systems. I haven't played LBP but for me it seams like 10 minutes fun. Seriously. I prefere diferent kind of games. But that's personal taste. [/quote:127oecd9]
10 minutes? that's a silly thing to say if you haven't ever tried it. it's a platform game, like the old mario games, but it allows people to create and upload levels. I can play little big planet every hour of every day for the next few months, and probably never play the same level twice. I work a full time job, but if it weren't for that, I could spend hours on end creating my own levels. the level creator is a huge technical achievement. it's a great game, you should try it if you ever get the chance

[quote:127oecd9]Now Pixar - as fare as i'm convinced, Pixar was created by Disney.[/quote:127oecd9]
they weren't, disney has nothing to do with their content creation, and it shows. they are not involved other than publishing and distribution. pixar was bought from apple who had bought it from lucasfilm.

As for me, i've got ps2, gamecube, ds lite, [/quote]
okami for ps2 is awesome if you haven't played it
and oh yeah, I forgot, nintendo made the ds
that's a good example of nintendo, when it's doing it's thing
that's an awesome system. although I haven't had the pleasure of owning one
it's a brilliant little piece of gaming machinery
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:27 pm

Got okami. realy cool.

Ds is great. With r4 cards you gaining acces to houndreds of homebrew apps and games. And MP: hounters is realy cool ;) ff4 is great, and few other. On the wii there is an two onlie rpg's comming out. one is monster hounter. the other one i don't remember.

Anyways...
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:05 am

Its all true, and yet we have no one to blame, but ourselves.

Question:
What happens when you add money to a pile of burning crap?
Does its smell better? Do the flames magically disappear?

No. The flames grow higher, attracting even more to the bonfire.

I say no thanks, Ill make my own pile of bullsh!^. All are welcome to come and dance with me by the fire.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:22 am

I'm glad nintendo exists, they've made many enjoyable games.
Many people don't like them, but I do. The same way many of the xbox/ps3 owners enjoy their games.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:14 pm

[quote="alspal":q1kvre5y]Many people don't like them, but I do. The same way many of the xbox/ps3 owners enjoy their games.[/quote:q1kvre5y]
I think you're missing the point there mate.
Although what you said is true of fanboys (and unfortunately it's against the law to have them rounded up and pummelled), I think we're talking about people who aren't as insecure as that, and have admired Nintendo over the years for their creativity, without having to pledge allegiance to them just to fit in and have a label for themselves. :) lol

For me, Nintendo used to be about innovation and gameplay.
The SNES was a great machine, with plenty of good games (also had a Megadrive, so calm down fanboys :) ), but I think Nintendo peaked at the N64.
Although the Gamecube is a good little machine (my previous post shows I'm playing on one currently), I think it was at this point that the innovation started to ebb, and formulaic game design started to show, closely followed by the gimmicky Wii.

So let's not assume that anyone who knocks the Wii or Nintendo is a fanboy of another system or company, and that they're just taking the opportunity to join in with the Nintendo kicking.
It could be that, like me, they have owned and enjoyed all the Nintendo consoles from the NES up to the Gamecube, and genuinely don't like what the Wii is doing to the gaming industry.

You could liken the Wii to Kylie Minogue.
Very popular because it's found the ideal market position, and you'd like to have a few goes to see it first hand, but you wouldn't want to take it home and see it every day.
:wink:

Sponge.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:36 pm

[quote:93b2fc6l] I think it was at this point that the innovation started to ebb, and formulaic game design started to show, closely followed by the gimmicky Wii.[/quote:93b2fc6l]
It's only Nintendo doing this? Personally I think most companies in the commercial area are doing this. If you didn't notice PS3 and Xbox are both trying to incorperate the wii's "gimmicks" for themselves to further expand their audience.

[quote:93b2fc6l]genuinely don't like what the Wii is doing to the gaming industry[/quote:93b2fc6l]

Oh no! They're adding motion controls! They're being experimental! At least they're daring enough to make the bold steps first for what most likely will continue to be improved in the ages to come.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:41 pm

[quote="SpongeBrain":z05320je]...Kylie Minogue.... and you'd like to have a few goes to see it first hand, but you wouldn't want to take it home and see it every day. :wink:

Sponge.[/quote:z05320je]

Say's who?? I'd take it home, have a few more than a few goes first hand, and lock it in the closest until tomorrow! :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:40 pm

honestly, im starting to hate the oversaturation of the gaming market with shit, and FPS's which are good and all, but just are just the same old hat stuff. i mean i can understand FPS's with online are fun, but i currently own 3 fps's, and 2 3rd person shooters, and that sickens me. this is the first time, EVER on a console that i own more than 2 shooters. it used to be that i had a console to play games like banjo kazooie, or mario 64 and stuff like that. but now most of the games like that suck. its not nostalgia, i know that much because i just recently started playing NES games, which i used to avoid and are enjoying them much more than and console game. i never owned a NES and i can say i enjoy playing megaman over gears of war, or COD4.

it just seems to me as the years go by, the # of enjoyable games for each system goes down. the market is way too big nowadays. everyones doing the same thing.

Nintendo all went downhill since the wind waker, and since Rare was bought.
i guess all of this is why im into indy games now. they bring any style, from any generation and all of the stuff feels completely brand new, or like the stuff i used to enjoy as a kid.now i wanna start seeing n64 generation esque games being made. theres a strange gap in 3d games being made. everyone feels they all have to be amazing looking and not focus on game play or design. the N64 zelda games did a great job of makin that ugly polygonal world feel real and full of life, now 3d games look real, and feel dead.

wtv thats my rant on games. all i really need is a snes controller i can attach to my comp, and SDTV-PC hookup and i can get all the advantages of a console :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:50 pm

[quote="alspal":3j0qlbdb][quote:3j0qlbdb] I think it was at this point that the innovation started to ebb, and formulaic game design started to show, closely followed by the gimmicky Wii.[/quote:3j0qlbdb]
It's only Nintendo doing this? Personally I think most companies in the commercial area are doing this. If you didn't notice PS3 and Xbox are both trying to incorperate the wii's "gimmicks" for themselves to further expand their audience.[/quote:3j0qlbdb]
yes, alot of companies in the commercial area are doing this, but not to beat a dead horse, but littlebig again, spore, team fortress 2, left4dead, okami all come to mind as different enough not to be purely formulaic. and the fact that wii has motion controllers isn't the problem. it's the fact that every wii game uses those controllers as an excuse not to have a real game underneath. raving rabids came out for pc for some reason, and playing it with the mouse shows how much it's not even a game, using motion controls to enhance a game is one thing, reducing your game to nothing but a motion controller tech demo is a whole different thing.

btw, when I first tried the wii, I was blown away with the amount of disappointment that could be experienced in a single moment. what the wii controller should have been is what the ps3 motion controller is. you can swing a sword, and have your character swing it the same exact way. that's what I thought zelda would be like. that's what the wiimote should have been, instead, swinging the controller is the equivalent of pressing a button. it's completely lame, to put it simply. and the wiimote motion plus, is going to be like the ps3 motion controller, except with lag, which while a huge improvement, is still pretty lame. and btw, project natal is lightyears beyond the wiimote.

[quote:3j0qlbdb][quote:3j0qlbdb]genuinely don't like what the Wii is doing to the gaming industry[/quote:3j0qlbdb]

Oh no! They're adding motion controls! They're being experimental! At least they're daring enough to make the bold steps first for what most likely will continue to be improved in the ages to come.[/quote:3j0qlbdb]
adding motion controls is very cool and experimental, if they had done it right. they didn't, but let's just pretend they had. using motion controls as a coverup for shallow games is lame. imagine wii sports with a regular controller, because once again, when you swing a remote, you're basically just pressing a button. imagine wii sports tennis. you press a button when the ball gets close. uh....not fun. at least in pong you got to move your paddle

[quote="everything quazi":3j0qlbdb][/quote:3j0qlbdb]
yeah, that's why I'm glad controllers and console style games are starting to come to pcs
and also why I bought a ps3 instead of a 360, all the killer app for 360 are fps's, and while the ps3 isn't much better, the exclusives for the most part are not fps's
I'm really looking forward to the motion controllers for both systems, and if they use the Natal to the fullest, I will probably buy an xbox360 as well
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:57 pm

[quote="alspal":1xz98fct]It's only Nintendo doing this?[/quote:1xz98fct]
Don't remember anyone saying it was only Nintendo doing this.

[quote="alspal":1xz98fct]Oh no! They're adding motion controls! They're being experimental! At least they're daring enough to make the bold steps first for what most likely will continue to be improved in the ages to come.[/quote:1xz98fct]
The problem is that they sacrificed next-gen graphic capabilities for "advanced" and "ground-breaking" controllers.
IMO, it's really not worth the inflated price just for the controllers.

I guess what I'm really saying is that I preferred it when Nintendo poured their creativity into the games they made, rather than the medium they were played on.

They've created (IMO) a poor console with gimmicks and made it the best selling console of the day.
Now tell me, how many software companies are going to go out on a limb and try something different, when the money is in dumbing down and shortening the games to meet with their target audiences tastes.

I find it ironic that Nintendo, the company that led the way with innovative games for years, are now probably responsible for more companies making "safe" and "profitable" games because of the Wii.

And you're right.
Microsoft and Sony are following the trend (see, "safe"), and that's the problem I was talking about.

I'm not saying Nintendo are the devil incarnate.
They're just a shadow of what they were, although I'm sure their shareholders couldn't give a flying fig for minor details like that.

[color=#0040FF:1xz98fct]LOL@SoldjahBoy[/color:1xz98fct]

Sponge.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic