No Audio in mobile browser

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:21 am

Hello everyone.

My game is running fine on browser with sounds, but there is no sound in mobile browser at all. Is anyone have any idea why is this not happening ?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:56 am

I think it is probably the format you are using - (ogg/mp3/aac etc)

not all formats are usable in each output certainly not all browsers can use the same format. Have a look in the manual under sounds.

August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:04 am

So you mean I have to put other formats in the library too ?? When I imported sounds, It automatically converted all sounds to .ogg format. I think the original files is not needed anymore, so I deleted them. Is it because of that ?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:47 pm

You need both .m4a and .ogg to cover all browsers. On Windows 7 and newer Construct 2 automatically encodes the .m4a, but on older versions of Windows it will only encode the .ogg. You must then upload all the files and have your server MIME types set up correctly to serve both kinds of files, and then Chrome for Android and Safari for iOS have some additional limitations about when music can play. This is all described in more detail in the manual.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?