no audio when I upload to godaddy

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:05 am

check it out at www.arcanepixel.com/tinygalaxyweb/play.html
I tried doing this:
resolution-to-sound-ogg-issues-with-godaddy_t74724
however when I put that in the folder with my games .html file I get: "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)"

now perhaps I didnt make web.config correctly? but as of now Im a little lost and a little frustrated. It works fine playing on local disk so I dont know. :(
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:26 am

p0tayters wrote:check it out at http://www.arcanepixel.com/tinygalaxyweb/play.html
I tried doing this:
resolution-to-sound-ogg-issues-with-godaddy_t74724
however when I put that in the folder with my games .html file I get: "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)"

now perhaps I didnt make web.config correctly? but as of now Im a little lost and a little frustrated. It works fine playing on local disk so I dont know. :(

UPDATE! Got off the phone with GoDaddy and they said .OGG files should play just fine... so Im not really sure where go from here lol. Any ideas?
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Check the browser error console (Ctrl+Shift+J in Chrome). All your .ogg files are returning 404 not found. Most likely you need to set up the necessary MIME types.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:48 pm

Ashley wrote:Check the browser error console (Ctrl+Shift+J in Chrome). All your .ogg files are returning 404 not found. Most likely you need to set up the necessary MIME types.

Thanks Ashley!
B
S

Return to How do I....?