No Audio

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:51 pm

Hello,

While working on my game the Audio randomly cut out. I tried to run a couple of tests including closing all other programs that used sound. The problem still persists.

Is there any known way around this?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Sorry, browsers have really bad audio support at the moment. All you can do is keep your browser up to date and hope they fix it soon. There's nothing much we can do to fix it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:22 pm

I suggest you to check out the articles about audio in the scirra blog, the topic is documented there.

To sum up, audio is badly implemented in browsers, depending on the one you are using and its version, audio might or might not work.
Make sur to use the last browser's version (FireFox 7.0.1, Internet Explorer 9, Chrome 14.0, ...)Kyatric2011-10-23 21:24:28
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Thanks guys, I didn't think the replies would be so quick! :-) Yes I have checked out that article. I guess the best I can do is use Construct Classic...With which I have the same problem.

Okay in Construct classic. when I load the audio into the program, I should be able to play it from a resource right? When I try to play it from a resource, nothing shows in the menu. Is there a specific way that I can use the Audio in the Classic version?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:24 pm

For Classic, check out the Help & Support using Construct Classic and search the keyword "audio" for this section of the forum.
There are two audio objects for CC: Xaudio2, and more recent there was a audiere plugin released.
Troubleshot for the audiere can be found here. More infos on xaudio2 can be found there.

But if you're having audio troubles in both application, maybe it has to see with your audio drivers ? Those need to be updated too it might be worse taking a look in that direction if the problems persist.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs