No "In Touch" events are triggered after showing achievement

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:22 pm

Problem Description
No "In Touch" events are triggered after showing gamecenter achievements.

Attach a Capx
Attached.

Description of Capx
Basically it has 3 layers, the 2nd layer has a parallax 100,100 to be able to scroll on swipe, where you can see the sprites below and if u swipe left and right it will scroll. If you click the gamecenter (achievements) icon it will open the gamcenter achievement screen and when u close , the swipe won't work because none of the Touch events are getting triggered after that.

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • Start the game , swipe the are where u see different sprites.
  • Open Gamecenter by clicking on the icon and then close it .
  • Try to swipe again, You can see the swipe stops working as there will no Is Touching or In Touch evens are getting triggered for some reason.

Observed Result
Try to swipe again, You can see the swipe stops working as there will no Is Touching or In Touch evens are getting triggered for some reason.

Expected Result
The swipe should continue to work.

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: N/A
  • FireFox: N/A
  • Internet Explorer: N/A
  • CoocoonJS Canvas+: Yes

Operating System and Service Pack
CocoonJs 2.0.2

Construct 2 Version ID
173 or 168

Please help , i am in the midst of a game release this is preventing from publishing it .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 pm

I can't reproduce, i can't go to gamecenter, function to go on it is disabled in event sheet, when i enable that and go to gamecenter layout, than go back to blackboard (by adding an action to do it), all icons on blackboard is disappeared except a cup.
To test touch, i add a sprite to blackboard layout, that following touch, than go to gamecenter, than back to blackboard, and sprite is still following my touches. I test this on cocoonjs launcher 2.0.2.
Last edited by Sisyphus on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 pm

Ooooh, i found, it's not a bug, the touches just not appearing right, because you need to specify on what layer the touch is made, like Touch.X("ImageSelector") or ("Frame") or what you need, this might help.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:58 pm

Not sure if i understand , the event "Is In Touch" is not getting triggered , i don't think it's specific to a layer. Can you send me the capx if you have fixed it ? thanks for your help.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:00 pm

I'm not sure that i fix something, but i made the square that is following touch, go between layouts few times, and touch is working, but all icons disappeared for some reason :) Maybe i'm doing something wrong.
edit: i reload capx again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sisyphus on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:07 am

I think i found the workaround, the workaround is to Wait for 0.05 secs before calling CooconJS===> show achievements. For some reason if you are calling the show achievements in the same tick as that of the event is triggered it'creating problems for the layer and layout. But i think it's still a bug hope Scirra or CocoonJS fixes it.

Thanks @Sisyphus for helping me or to atleast make me think in a different way to find the work around :)
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:26 am

tringio wrote:I think i found the workaround, the workaround is to Wait for 0.05 secs before calling CooconJS===> show achievements. For some reason if you are calling the show achievements in the same tick as that of the event is triggered it'creating problems for the layer and layout. But i think it's still a bug hope Scirra or CocoonJS fixes it.

Thanks @Sisyphus for helping me or to atleast make me think in a different way to find the work around :)

I just compiled project via cocoonjs, setting the "gamecenter on" in both configurations, touch is triggering right, but the scrollable icons still disappearing, after switching the layouts, dunno why :lol:.
Anyway, glad that i can help you somehow.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:05 pm

If this only happens in CocoonJS and not any other platform, then it is a CocoonJS bug and must be reported to Ludei. Closing.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs