No One Shall Pass - New Enemy look

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Enemy turtles pack including fifteen fully animated variations
  • Hey. Unfortunately, I suspend the project. Too little interest in the subject. Lack of motivation. Maybe next project will be good.

RIP

• Hey simplo85games!

I never heard of your project before but I see no point in suspending it. The concept looks very good IMO. 2D platform shooter with possibility to deploy traps and turrets? Hey man that sounds actually really cool to me!

The problem with this project is that it looks like an early prototype. So instead of suspending this one, simply polish it. Improve graphics, add movement animation to the player. Make it look tasty. The concept is good, just the graphics and HUD doesn't look interesting.

If you polish this game enough, I'm sure it would sell well on Steam. And don't you ever give up on the project man. It's better to have 10 finished projects which were unssuccesfull rather than have nothing finished at all.

Again, this concept looks good. Polish it, make it looks good visually. I would buy it for sure. I love games where I can set some turrets to do the job for me

• Hi BackendFreak.

I decided not to suspend the project. I improved graphics and gameplay. Unfortunately, I use Free Construct.

Your words really fueled me. Unfortunately, you are the only person who wrote something about my game.

I hope you will follow my project. You could say I'm a novice, and I am doing everything alone.

I have no idea how to promote the game. Maybe some tips from a professional.

At Twetter I will post an update.

twitter.com/simplo85games

• Also I like very much this prototype. It's fun gameplay.

NOSP - newgrounds

• The project looks like it has the potential to be a lot of fun. You have to remember though, not everyone is going to reply to your thread, even if they are interested in the project.

As BackendFreak mentioned, you'll need to do a bit of polishing yet, but also think about building fun scenarios with the mechanics you've created. It's fun to shoot things, but not if it's just enemies trickling in from the sides.

Give the player the tools to have fun with. Items that attract or repel enemies, piles of numerous enemies on screen (think something like Dark creatures from the Rayman games), combination weapons and traps that you have to set off (like dousing a pit in gas, luring enemies inside and lighting them on fire), defensive items to get you out of trouble (maybe a launchpad item, or a bulldozer type shield), interesting environments that complement the weapon mechanics (I see mostly wide open levels in your gifs).

There is so much you could do you the framework you've got so far.

• With all due respect, if you base your work ethics around getting or not getting "enough" attention I can assure you it won't get you far. Do this for the sake of improvement, be patient and stay consistent. Lack of motivation hits us all more or less often but the time to shine comes eventually if you work hard and smart enough, consistently. If that's your passion you will for sure love the journey and process of making games itself and don't get upset and totally demotivated due to the lack of people's attention.

Your game for sure needs a lot of improvements but I believe it can be a good, fun thing to play. If you want to learn some things that can improve your game I invite you to start from there:

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Hi BackendFreak.

I decided not to suspend the project. I improved graphics and gameplay. Unfortunately, I use Free Construct.

Your words really fueled me. Unfortunately, you are the only person who wrote something about my game.

I hope you will follow my project. You could say I'm a novice, and I am doing everything alone.

I have no idea how to promote the game. Maybe some tips from a professional.

At Twetter I will post an update.

https://twitter.com/simplo85games

The first person who should and must be excited about your game, is yourself. Don't get discouraged by no responses or whatever... just make a game you would like to play - but honestly look at your game and ask yourself if you would like to play it if it wasn't yours. Then ask for feedback and listen to this feedback.

If you're serious about game dev, then buy the C2 license. Free version is very limited. If you're not serious about game dev then... well...

Regarding promotion. There are social media groups (on FB for instance), hashtags (very useful on Twitter), indie game related forums etc. That's absolutely enough to start promotion and more important, to get feedback.

Regarding the feedback, the rule is simple. The more negative feedback you recieve at the beginning the better for you later on. Positive feedback is kind, but it won't help you make the game better. So don't be discouraged by negative feedback, instead be grateful someone bothered to give it to you, so you know what you should polish, fix, change.

• Hello. Thank you all for your answers. For me it is extremely instructive.

Now I work on improving my game, but I do not have too much time - "work in full time". I'm looking for an appropriate graphic style. The image at the top shows the changed game graphics. Would like to also add some new animation terrain as water, steam or light.

By the end of the week should I do some new things. Improved game I will add to the Arcade on Saturday. Until then, I will be adding on to twitter every change in the game. Your opinion is very important for me, also critical.

• Hi. I added a new version of the arcade. I changed the graphics, I think it is better now. I changed opponents. I added random shots trajectories. Please write what do you think.

arcade/action-games/no-one-shall-pass-beta-11085

• Small update. I corrected the graphics. I've added animations and a few other things. Write what do you think

• Hey, the game looks waaaaaaaay better already, keep working.

• Hi Folks, which water animation is better, right or left?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Folks, which water animation is better, right or left?

For me it's left

• hey i believe this game can evolve into something special

• with a more arcade look in my opinion could be a super fun game

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)