No sound on ipad

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:22 pm

@chrislechat,

Did you ever resolve this problem with no sound on the iPad?

I just started with C2 and I have the same exact problem.

I even created a simple test pattern with just a button that
makes the sound effect "Boing".. Works on everything but the
iPad.

Here's my post on this problem..
http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic62244.html

B

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello , I still have the problem , i stopped to search and
i did not get an answer on the forum.

perhaps in the other version of construct.

if you find a solution please tell me.

good luck !
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 am

I also have the issue with the iPad no sound. In addition, I have a simple shooter game and the player on a non-platform style game, points in one direction I have it set so that Touch.X and Touch.Y is set to player as long as I am touching the screen the player points toward where I touch however when I release the touch it goes back toward its original position rather than staying at the angle of the last touch.
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 am

I too am having this problem. Sounds in my HTML5 website export work perfectly well locally and online in browsers, but iPad plays no sounds at all.

Audio files I have on my server are M4A and OGG extensions. Have just uploaded the original WAV files to same directory but haven't got the means to test again on iPad at the moment.
B
G

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:15 am

@chrislechat

I delete the ogg files in my project as @Joannesalfa said and the audio works fine on Iphone4 Iphone5 Ipad2 and mini Ipad , but as it says in the "Disadvantages" section of the Ashley's tutorial "Making an iOS web app with Construct 2":

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/43/making-an-ios-web-app-with-construct-2

- Audio won't play until the first touch. However, this is not usually very important and can be easily worked around with a "touch to begin" screen that plays a sound when you touch it.    

By the way... I saw your capx and looks very creative... hope when it's finished can be posted to watch it in the Scirra arcade.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:30 am

@kevinmthomas

I have the same question...

"I have a simple shooter game and the player on a non-platform style game, points in one direction I have it set so that Touch.X and Touch.Y is set to player as long as I am touching the screen the player points toward where I touch however when I release the touch it goes back toward its original position rather than staying at the angle of the last touch"...

but I think we have to open a new "How do I" topic for this issue...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:59 am

iOS policy should allow the user to touch the app before to play sound.

I have no idea why OGG files breaks sound system in iOS.Joannesalfa2013-03-22 04:00:51
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:20 am

@Joannesalfa

I don't know either, but thankx man... I owe you one...   
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:34 pm

It should be simple to get audio working on iOS. As I noted earlier in this thread the most common problem is incorrect MIME types on the server, which means iOS doesn't regard .m4a files as being audio files. Once that's working, remember you need to touch the screen before iOS starts playing audio in the browser.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:49 pm

@chrislechat: Did you verify that you m4a files are really working on your computer? Open them in iTune to test.   Also, my sounds work on iOS by doing this trick only so far: Put the m4a AND ogg files on your server (wich is standard) AND remove the m4a lines from the offline.appcache file. It works 100% for me and nothing else worked for sound on my iPad 4 and iPod Touch 4. Tiens-moi au courant Chrislechat! ; )

@Ashley: I know you said to me that removing the m4a lines from the offline.appcache file will make my game not work offline on iOS but I can assure you that's the only way it work on my iPad 4 AND iPod Touch 4. If I don't do this the sounds are working like...1 game on 3... If it would have been my MIME TYPES on the server this trick would not have make them work 100% of the time right?

The moment I send an update of one of my game without editing the appcache file my sounds stop working...
I made 2 games so far: www.ID-Games.net
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?