Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Ludei addressed this problem in his blog for getting installed on Nexus7

Installing CocoonJS on Nexus7
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:55 pm

It worked ! Thanks again.
But... The XML object is not supported on this plateform. Oh well, my entire app is based on XML object :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Well, the "PUBLISH TO : ANDROID" on site homepage is a bad joke. We can't do this properly. Using cocoonjs ? Ahah no thanks :

- The form control plugins Textbox and Button are not supported.
- The AJAX object is not supported.
- The XML object is not supported.
- The Facebook object is not supported.
- The letterbox fullscreen modes are not supported. If they are selected, it will fall back to simple Scale mode instead.
- The Text plugin's 'Set web font' action is not supported.
- The WebStorage plugin's session storage is not available. Use local storage or global variables instead.
- Most features of the Browser object are not supported.

So no text, no buttons, only sprites, no storage, no XML / AJAX. Yay, very funny, and i spent /waste 99 for developping android/Smartphones/IOS apps in this soft.

Yeah, must be a joke ... Or explain me how to send an apps made on Constuct 2 directly on my android device.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Yeah I am not particularly impressed with CocoonJs especially since blowing $350 on a tablet just to find out CocoonJS is not compatible with it. After getting a better phone that is compatible it still isn't that great. Performance is good though.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:22 am

Its not really cocoonJS the problem for me, its construct 2 / scirra, they should remove the "Publish to Android" on the website, its false you cant publish to android.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:14 am

C2 need a time to make it's become possible, anyway, you still can make game and deploy it to many platform, so don't judge it too fast, i'm making game for android using this soft, and i see nothing is impossible if you try your best and in love with it.
Something can be impossible in yesterday but it's possible in tomorrow and the next day. (sry for bad Eng)
farsmile902012-09-20 10:25:44
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:43 am

I think Joskin is getting at the fact that the website implies C2 can publish to android in the sense that GameMaker can, using the Android SDK and compiling a native app, when in actual fact, it's publishing a HTML5 game that can be wrapped using appMobi or run using CocoonJS. I would have to agree, to a new user it is a little misleading but I'm not complaining, I followed the progress and always new what was involved when I made my purchase.

I think for new users/customers it probably is best to make clear that C2 doesn't actually publish to android in the way people would expect this statement to mean.
ImageImage
Mr. Green - Platform/puzzle game out now!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:28 am

Exactly FredQ.

"i'm making game for android using this soft"
I'm sure you can make games for android with C2, but you have to learn JS / CocoonJS in addition of C2 :/
For example how to do an input text for cocoonjs ?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:46 pm

So I'm guessing that whenever some feature from C2 doesn't work when wrapped using Cocoonjs the devs from both softwares talk to each other? Right?

Also, how tight is this collaboration? I mean I understand the primary concern is C2 for the web and EXE I imagine, but how much importance is given whenever, say, sounds don't work when a game is playing on Cocoon?

Do you guys mainly just wait for Ludei to get a fix for the issue and help them when they ask for it? :)

B

Post » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Just because it can't publish to one version of Android it doesn't mean Construct can't export to Android altogether.

There are many phones and tablets with different Android versions going around. My phone, Samsung Galaxy Ace, only supports the Android 2.3. That means I can't install Chrome nor Mozilla for Android, meaning I have to suffer from the godawful browser and performance.

And yet, on this phone I can play Android games made with Construct 2.

Don't blame Scirra for CocoonJS failing to meet expectations, especially for the newest platform.Mipey2012-09-20 19:48:21
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General