Node-webkit + external XML

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon May 13, 2013 12:30 am

[QUOTE=Ashley] @Joannesalfa - what's wrong with importing it as a project file then loading it? That should work fine.[/QUOTE]

@Ashley it did.

I'm saying about .xml file could pretend like .ini file that the game .exe loads external .xml file (.xml file should not be inside of .exe)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi! I want to add the files seperately in different folders and it seems to work fine when I export the project as node-webkit and use relative paths like "data/ads/1/1.txt". the contents were loaded and displayed in a textobject but is it possible to use this in preview mode somehow? (put the folder/files in the project folder for example?)

PS: It seems this does not work with Sprites (Load image from URL). Is it possible to use local files/paths? I tried a relative path like in the example above "data/ads/1/1.jpg".Bl4ckSh33p2014-02-11 13:10:22
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:55 am

Bl4ckSh33p wrote:Hi! I want to add the files seperately in different folders and it seems to work fine when I export the project as node-webkit and use relative paths like "data/ads/1/1.txt". the contents were loaded and displayed in a textobject but is it possible to use this in preview mode somehow? (put the folder/files in the project folder for example?)

PS: It seems this does not work with Sprites (Load image from URL). Is it possible to use local files/paths? I tried a relative path like in the example above "data/ads/1/1.jpg".Bl4ckSh33p2014-02-11 13:10:22

Same problem, It seems in Preview mode relative path don't work !!
(which then make preview mode in Node-Webkit totally useless :()

Fix that please...
I want really buy this software, but with the NO-ABILITY to easily load files (external files meaning, since my game idea is to make it moddable !), I'm then refrained to buy it..
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General