Node-Webkit Jerkiness

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Im having the same problem. At the beginning I thought it was hardware related since I just bought a new machine. In the old machine the game was playing at 75FPS and now 60 but with a lot of jerkiness. When updating my video card drivers everything got fixed for a limited time. But now I still have the same problem.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:59 am

@Ashley

A rollback isn't necessary, but please let us use the previous version of node with r190 stable, and post a link to an installer for it.

Like you say, by the time the next stable rolls around, this will probably be a moot point. But right now, it's a big deal...and it's going to leave a lot of people stuck back on r184.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Unfortunately, the new node-webkit version doesn't solve the problem.. \:
Is everyone with that jerkiness?
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:03 pm

Same here. I know that we rely on the support of 3rd party wrappers for the majority of C2 exports, so it would be helpful if we could select which version of node we want to use for instances just like this - where the 3rd party has made a mistake with its latest product (newer =/= better).
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 am

sadly, no, im very worried with the words that ashley use, this is NOT a simple or unimportant issue, this makes my game unplayable on windows (wich makes up most of all my future users) my game is on halt for this, i cant continue to work, i need to keep my game backwards compatible with the nw and c2 versions that work fine.

@Colludium
i agree, it reminds me of DICE with Battle Field 4, the games its very powerful and all those buzzwords they use, but the games runs like a rusty tank, stability > power i think we should stay stable and not update the NW until Chromium fixes this.
Last edited by Lunatrap on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:39 am

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I don't think it's just jaggyness at play though, the framerate genuinly drops. I did some test on my game and a couple of events dependent on the framerate staying above 30 broke the game in the newest webkit.
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:53 am

As long as we get the option of being able to choose which version of NW we can export to then all will be well. @Lunatrap, when I try my game in the new version of NW (and chrome 39 for that matter) it's like I took a step back in time and am trying to run my game on a microbook or some other completely inadequate hardware. There is a hacky fix (edit - fix is a bit strong, it's a work around) involving replacing the package.nw, but I suspect that Ashley will have sorted this out before long.

Edit - actually Chrome Canary is worse than the old NW. By a country mile....
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:33 am

I've been looking into this and I think the best option for now is to stay with r184. r184 and the bundled node-web kit works really well for me and I can't risk introducing problems when I need to export test versions of my game for indie festivals and play testers soon.

It's unfortunate and a total pain as I (regrettably) bought the auto updating steam version of Construct 2 (wish I got the stand alone version directly from Scirra instead), But by keeping steam in offline mode I can delay updating until this is sorted out.

I hope @Ashley can set it up to give us a choice of nw versions soon. I would like to update to the latest version of Construct 2, but I just can't risk introducing these problems at this point in development.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:45 am

Sadly this is probably C2's only weak link - exporters - but as shown in this thread it is enough to break the chain!

As it is export for any desktop via node, is... well... broken...,

C2 itself is cutting edge and super cool to use, but the end result is too often broken, or production halted, by the reliance on third party exporters...
    I get a little chuckle from the need to remove third party plugins form a capx when trying to sort a bug in C2 itself (and rightly so), but one of the biggest bugs we contend with are those we use to export our hard work with.
This node thing has been going on for ages now, and the blame is always placed on either chrome or node.
    But is not the real problem C2's reliance on third party wrappers of whom the creators of such couldn't care less if it affects C2?
    Maybe they will get it fixed in the next few updates, but how long before it bugs out - again - in the following updates...
Other questions I contemplate are: Can they fix it? Do they actually know what to fix? Are they really trying to fix it?
    If you look at Ashley's record, a major bug in C2 is fixed very quickly, sometimes overnight!
    But this can't be said for the node problem - which at the moment is a major bug...
Que Sera Sera....
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:33 am

@michael

i totally agree

@StaticCloud

i have the steam version too, and i cant go back versions, and i dont have the money to pay the 120$ for the stand alone version, like i said, my game development is halted for this :/

@Colludium

yes, can you imagine selling a game that runs like this? yesterday i have one of my firends visit me, since he is one of my friends who wants to help me to alpha test the game, and it was embarrasing, the game looking like a slideshow, i felt very embarrased becuase it felt like i was doing a crap job, even after i explained to him that its a bug :/
i know that workaround, but i dont know if that could create problems, but i have it in mind of course, this problem should be TOP PRIORITY.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs