NodeWebkit - 1 action more

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:13 am

When scaling to a larger window size it drops the performance dramatically on every platform, for me.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:41 am

on scaling point
I don't find this is a C2 isolated issue my computer seems to have improved performance when windowed and shrinked
Amnesia is example of this
Mirror's Edge
so I don't think is something can FIX in C2 but can optimize to decrease difference - which is something C2 probably does since Ashley seems pretty on it
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:08 am

[QUOTE=Jase00] @alspal @Arima This is getting mentioned everywhere all the time :P
.And since it is getting mentioned again, I'll rethrow in that I get better performance as of last time I checked, when the game is windowed, and even better performance if I shrink the window. Changing from Areo and whatnot doesn't seem to affect it noticeably in my experiences... :D It's not my immediate goal to have, but I have friends with puny computers and would love for them to be able to comfortable check out my game :P[/QUOTE]

I thought he was talking about the hardware accelerated window manager issue.

[QUOTE=alspal] When scaling to a larger window size it drops the performance dramatically on every platform, for me. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, being able to render at 720p and display at 1080p would still be useful. I thought you were referring to a window the same size as the screen.Arima2013-06-29 06:09:51
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General