Non Stop Robot [ANDROID][RETRO]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Platform shooter mechanics inspired by an 8-bit blue robot. (mega man)
  • Hello, finally after a year of work I have my first application in google play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nstoprobot

Direct the robot through the nooks and crannies without touching any obstacle and collect all the goals.

Uses XDK crosswalk, the performance is very good but...

• There is still a failure that seems unforgivable, the fault is that if you send your game to the background when no sound is playing, when you recover the game the sound has been lost.

The game use some REX plugins like move_to.

Also use the Johncw87 raycast plugin.

In the screenshots not everything comes, there are surprises that I do not teach.

It is a game that requires precision and some reflexes, there are some puzzles and nice graphics.

I am happy, now I can dedicate myself to my other projects.

• tried in all my test-phones: Samsung GT-I9060 - Samsung SM-G361F - Samsung GT-I9301I and all works perfect, no sound stop after unfocus the app, 100% full screen....... it's perfect for me....

• tried in all my test-phones: Samsung GT-I9060 - Samsung SM-G361F - Samsung GT-I9301I and all works perfect, no sound stop after unfocus the app, 100% full screen....... it's perfect for me....

Thanks for the info! In my galaxy s6 it looked correctly yesterday, however by magic this morning did not have full screen and I can not get it in my s6.

: S

• Hi Im playing on a Nexus 5X and your game runs very well. I havent noticed loss of sound yet. I tried sending the game to the background, then open it again later (1 - 2mins) and the sound was still working.

Also I didn't notice any problem with the game not being fullscreen yet.

About the sound. I had the same problem with both music and sfx dropping out if the game was left idle for a while. The solution in this thread helped me: Android Chrome's loss of sound. Not sure if that will work in your case.

This is a really cool game. I left you a review. I like your artwork, very nice details. I like the little computer chip at start of game and the batteries lying around in the levels. Also the robot's walking animation is cool.

One suggestion is that the buttons need to be visible in some way on the screen. I keep missing the right turn button, and I have to feel around on the screen to find where it is. Also it took me a little while to realise there was the button at top right and top left to stop the robot and allow him to fire.

What's your strategy to market your game Mirlas?

• Hi Im playing on a Nexus 5X and your game runs very well. I havent noticed loss of sound yet. I tried sending the game to the background, then open it again later (1 - 2mins) and the sound was still working.

Also I didn't notice any problem with the game not being fullscreen yet.

About the sound. I had the same problem with both music and sfx dropping out if the game was left idle for a while. The solution in this thread helped me: Android Chrome's loss of sound. Not sure if that will work in your case.

This is a really cool game. I left you a review. I like your artwork, very nice details. I like the little computer chip at start of game and the batteries lying around in the levels. Also the robot's walking animation is cool.

Thanks for your impressions, information and commentary on play store !.

I do not understand what happens with the error of the sound, why do not they fix it ?, this error has been reported ?.

The error is that if you send the application to the background and there is no sound reproducing at that moment, when you recover the application the sound has been lost.

One suggestion is that the buttons need to be visible in some way on the screen. I keep missing the right turn button, and I have to feel around on the screen to find where it is. Also it took me a little while to realise there was the button at top right and top left to stop the robot and allow him to fire.

In the initial menu everything is indicated in "instructions"!

What's your strategy to market your game Mirlas?

I have no strategy the truth, I do not know this aspect, I have communicated it through several forums but that is all.

¿Any suggestion?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I do not understand what happens with the error of the sound, why do not they fix it ?, this error has been reported ?.

The error is that if you send the application to the background and there is no sound reproducing at that moment, when you recover the application the sound has been lost.

Well if you read down that thread, apparently its not a problem with C2 its a bug in Chromium (blog post by Ashley). Intel XDKs Crosswalk is based on Chromium so thats why C2 users get this bug in their games when building for Android.

> What's your strategy to market your game Mirlas?

>

I have no strategy the truth, I do not know this aspect, I have communicated it through several forums but that is all.

¿Any suggestion?

Well my plan is to contact bloggers, websites and YouTubers to ask them if they would feature my game. I haven't started doing that yet because Ive been tidying up some minor bugs first. Aside from that Im not sure what the best marketing strategies are yet.. In the coming days Ill be focusing 100% on marketing for my game, so id be happy to share ideas as I research it..

pixelprospector is a very useful resource! Lots of good information there.

• >

> I do not understand what happens with the error of the sound, why do not they fix it ?, this error has been reported ?.

> The error is that if you send the application to the background and there is no sound reproducing at that moment, when you recover the application the sound has been lost.

>

Well if you read down that thread, apparently its not a problem with C2 its a bug in Chromium (blog post by Ashley). Intel XDKs Crosswalk is based on Chromium so thats why C2 users get this bug in their games when building for Android.

>

> > What's your strategy to market your game Mirlas?

> >

> I have no strategy the truth, I do not know this aspect, I have communicated it through several forums but that is all.

> ¿Any suggestion?

>

Well my plan is to contact bloggers, websites and YouTubers to ask them if they would feature my game. I haven't started doing that yet because Ive been tidying up some minor bugs first. Aside from that Im not sure what the best marketing strategies are yet.. In the coming days Ill be focusing 100% on marketing for my game, so id be happy to share ideas as I research it..

pixelprospector is a very useful resource! Lots of good information there.

So I guess I should report the bug to the chromium team.

About the promotion, I'm looking at an AdWords campaign, I want to investigate the price and other details. With this campaign I think you get to appear on the main pages of play store, search results etc ... the position in which to appear I guess it depends on what you are willing to pay.

I have again lost the full screen with my game.

I simply deleted all processes in memory from the manager and when I ran my game, I did not have a full screen and there is no way to recover it. I do not get it.

My game uses 400x240, I do not know if this is important in this error but it should not matter.

• Is that YouTube video supposed to show the lost fullscreen problem you're experiencing? I dont see the problem. Your game looks the same on my phone as the video you posted. I am unable to recreate loss of fullscreen by sending your game to background or changing between apps.

The events I use to control fullscreen in my game are:

on the title screen (black screen that says 'loading', then 'tap to start') I have:

'On any touch start'

Browser - Request fullscreen (Stretch - Scale outer)

Browser - Lock orientation to Landscape

Then in XDK under Build Settings I have 'Fullscreen' ticked.

Re marketing. Id be interested to hear if an AdWords campaign is successful for you. I am hoping to promote my game using free methods first, but Id consider investing in an ad campaign if I thought it would generate enough additional users to pay for itself or preferably create profit.

• Is that YouTube video supposed to show the lost fullscreen problem you're experiencing? I dont see the problem. Your game looks the same on my phone as the video you posted. I am unable to recreate loss of fullscreen by sending your game to background or changing between apps.

The events I use to control fullscreen in my game are:

on the title screen (black screen that says 'loading', then 'tap to start') I have:

'On any touch start'

>Browser - Request fullscreen (Stretch - Scale outer)

>Browser - Lock orientation to Landscape

Then in XDK under Build Settings I have 'Fullscreen' ticked.

Re marketing. Id be interested to hear if an AdWords campaign is successful for you. I am hoping to promote my game using free methods first, but Id consider investing in an ad campaign if I thought it would generate enough additional users to pay for itself or preferably create profit.

Those black margins that are seen on the sides, besides up and down, should be very small.

There are margins because of the resolution I used, that's true, but they should be much smaller.

On my smartphone when I get the full screen these margins are very small, in the video and in that gif, the full screen is not running.

I have discovered that this (seems) happens when you close all the secondary tasks with the game open, when you start it again, the full screen does not run any more.

I'm going to prove what you said to see if it works for me.

Thanks!.

• Ah ok, well it looks the same on my phone. I guess its not in full screen on my phone either that being the case? But I think it still looks good. I seriously didnt notice.

• Ah ok, well it looks the same on my phone. I guess its not in full screen on my phone either that being the case? But I think it still looks good. I seriously didnt notice.

No! That's not full screen.

Maybe when he did some test he "turned off" the whole screen.

I have to sort this out.

I delete the following XDK plugins:

Inappbrowser

Splashscreen

Those two plugins I always delete, I do not think they have anything to do.

I'll see what I can do to solve this.

I have the "fullscreen" box marked in XDK, it has always been this way but this only makes the status bar hide, it does not increase the size screen to occupy everything.

This is the difference:

http://imgur.com/a/P4Xrq

• I'm testing, so it seems, some plugin or something else is causing that failure. If I do a blank project using the same resolution and compiling it the same then the full screen error does not occur, so this makes me regret that some plugin is causing the screen to lose the full mode.

• Are you using the Browser object's 'request fullscreen' action? When are you calling it?

I think you need to use a user input trigger with the 'Browser > request fullscreen' (like 'on any touch', or 'on object clicked' or something).

If you are using 'On Start of Layout > Browser > request fullscreen', it could be ignored, and therefore your game wont open in fullscreen.

• Are you using the Browser object's 'request fullscreen' action? When are you calling it?

I think you need to use a user input trigger with the 'Browser > request fullscreen' (like 'on any touch', or 'on object clicked' or something).

If you are using 'On Start of Layout > Browser > request fullscreen', it could be ignored, and therefore your game wont open in fullscreen.

I'm not sure it's really necessary, right now I'm generating apks doing minimal testing, everything works perfectly, there's always full screen and I'm not using "request fullscreen" with "on touch". I'm adding plugins and objects bit by bit to see when that error occurs.

• I am tired, these past days I have performed over 100 (100 apks with XDK crosswalk) direct tests on my mobile.

I do not know what else I can try.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)