Noob question about uploading free/paid game to play store

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax
  • So i'm getting close to finishing my game, and i've searched and searched but couldn't find any exact answer.

Do i need to make 2 games, 1 free and 1 paid version? Or is everything handled in the apk? Sorry for the inexperience, just getting a little worried.

Thank you for any help.

• This describes the Google Terms

When you offer an App for free it is no longer possible to convert it into a pay app. (Their actuality I do not know).

But it is possible in a "free app" offer "in app purchases" ...

• Thank you for the reply.

That part i actually understand. What i do not understand (hard to find instruction on it) is do i just create my game normally, then upload it and tell google, "hey these objects must be purchased for them to be included in my game"?

Basically, the only thing that can be purchased is what is mentioned in the game as "the Premium Package".

When you download the game, you get 1 ship. You can play till eternity. If the user would like, they can buy the premium package and unlock all ships and an AI companion, which is everything.

So how do i tell google that the premium package must be purchased to be included?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • They must be separate apks, and separate store publishings.

You can make one paid, and then convert it to free, but you must upload a new apk and use the same certificate, and as BillAlex said it can't be reverted if it was to remain the same product.

• IAP plugin I suppose, that premium pack shouldn't be bought via google apps but rather from the game itself

• IAP plugin I suppose, that premium pack shouldn't be bought via google apps but rather from the game itself

This is exactly what i was thinking. But how to implement it? This is what i can not figure out. I plan on using coccon.io and uploading to play store.

And any tutorials i've seen only show implementing IAP's for individual objects...(power ups, new character...) but none show how to implement purchasing the full version ingame.

Confused!

• You can go another way : offer in app purchases in a way that, for instance,first 5 levels are free, and you have to buy the rest through IAP

• You can go another way : offer in app purchases in a way that, for instance,first 5 levels are free, and you have to buy the rest through IAP

Thank you for the reply.

I thought of this, but concencus says this is one of the most frowned upon by users.

I would like the game available to play in its intirety, with only 1 spacecraft, high scores record and a virtual voice assistant only for the opening.

The IAP would allow: 3 more ships with shields that are interchangeable, the virtual voice assistant throughout the game, promotions starting with 'Recruit' and going up to '5 Star General', option to post high score/ promotion to twitter/ facebook.

My problem is i do not understand HOW to implement this. I can follow the tutorials on how to offer those things seperately with IAP's, but as i mentioned, i'd rather offer them in a whole package, i.e: the full game.

Still haven't found tutorials on how to do this. Only single object IAP's or remove adds.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)