Not all objects in container created every time

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:49 am

Hello. I am experiencing a strange problem. I defined a container for two objects: a sprite object and a collision mask object (I want to have separate overlap and collision testings).

Now, when I create one of the objects belonging to container, the other one is created automatically only on a random basis: sometimes it is created, sometimes it is not created.

Has anyone experienced the same strange container behavior?

Thnx
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:35 am

can't say I have ever seen this - any chance it's something else in your capx ?
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:41 am

In fact, all of the objects are created! I just checked in the debugger (did not occur to me to check it before :) ) They are not aligned one with each other. That is, I realised I have to set a position at the start for each collision object to its corresponding visual object.

Now, I can set the event for every single object type to be positioned at its corresponding container member object. Is there a way to do it for all objects with one script only?
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:45 am

Can you post your capx / link to capx ?
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?