Not really a "How do I" But Can Someone Explain This...

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Running the bug preview I see I am getting around 45 FPS on desktop and on mobile preview I am getting around 12 FPS. I know desktops have better performance but should I be concerned with the low mobile frame rate?

All my objects so far are sized with a power of 2 at 32X32 or 64X64, except for the player sprite, even my BG image is tiled at 64X64.

• check your collision masks, too many points = problems . Also is your games display resolution match that of the hardware you're testing on , or at least a true 16:9 resolution

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The debuger also take some fps to work.

You need to run a text object to see the fps without the debuger.

every tic - set text to : fps & " FPS (" & renderer & ") " & round(cpuutilisation * 100) & "% CPU "

• Running the bug preview I see I am getting around 45 FPS on desktop and on mobile preview I am getting around 12 FPS. I know desktops have better performance but should I be concerned with the low mobile frame rate?

All my objects so far are sized with a power of 2 at 32X32 or 64X64, except for the player sprite, even my BG image is tiled at 64X64.

It kind of depends on your game, if its a very small game or you are in the beginning of making one and you are seeing big drops in FPS, then something is most likely not working correct. But it also depends on your computer, and the debugger will always lower performance a bit compared to a normal preview.

But are your game big with loads of graphic and events etc. Then loosing a bit of FPS in preview is rather common and should be expected.

But what performance do you get with a normal preview?

• Hey, thanks for the help.

EyezWidee: I never gave the collision masks much thought. I always pulled the nodes to the box outline after I cropped. So should I keep the masks close to the actual color of the object? Except with enemies ofcourse.

A0Nasser: Very cool, thanks for that. It's actually up to 56 - 60 fps. How could i use that to check the mobile fps? Is it possible?

nimos100: I am in the early stages. I have the a 64X64 BG tiled across 7936, 570 Ground is 128X128 tiled Ceiling is 32X32 tiled ( all 3 are 128 pxs outside the layout). I have 5 layers: BG, Ground/ceiling, player, walls (divide the layout - its a sidescroller in a castle dungeon, and controls finish the layers.

There will be death traps:i.e, crushers, spears, swinging spiked balls, fire balls throughout the layouts and levels, these will be on a layer by themselves.

1 question: does the cpu draw each graphic as it appears on screen? As in: even though the layout is complete the graphics aren't just hanging outside the layout are they?

Again, thanks for the help, wise ones'

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)