Nvidia SHIELD Gamepad doesn't mapped properly

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hi, I've brought the personal license recently and happy with wifi preview/ Android Cross-walk so far.

But, I've one issue happen today. I'm try to build an Android cross-walk for my Nvidia Shield device. with the gamepad control enabled. (Tested and it's works just fine with X360 controller) With the same APK installed on Shield, my game seem to not responding with any button at all except for the directional button which somehow move 'every' ingame object with the platform behavior.

Is there anyone who successfully build the game on SHIELD with the device's controlpad working properly?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think the SHIELD might not actually support the gamepad plugin and just map buttons to keyboard keys. You might be able to find more information in their documentation.

• I think the SHIELD might not actually support the gamepad plugin and just map buttons to keyboard keys. You might be able to find more information in their documentation.

Thank you very much! As far as I discovered now. SHIELD's gamepad kinda have its own API for both Windows and Android platform.

As best as my knowledge and skill allow for the time being is to use the device's screen mapper to map every touch/virtual control from the game to be able to use properly on the controller itself. Which is kinda ok since my game didn't going to be SHIELD's exclusive anyway.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)