NW.JS Screen Tearing

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • I'm having massive tearing issues with nw.js using the latest beta of C2 and the latest NW.JS, I'm using fullscreen scale. Is it a v-sync issue?

• 0.13 alpha 7?

• Yes, v0.13.0 alpha 7 (Chromium 47) [Requires r217+]

• Is it the same in desktop Chrome? Both are based on v47 now.

Are you sure you haven't disabled vsync in nVidia control panel/Catalyst control center/any other graphics settings? Changing settings there has been known to cause problems in the past. By default Chrome should have pretty good v-sync by now.

• Is it the same in desktop Chrome? Both are based on v47 now.

Are you sure you haven't disabled vsync in nVidia control panel/Catalyst control center/any other graphics settings? Changing settings there has been known to cause problems in the past. By default Chrome should have pretty good v-sync by now.

Yes, it looks the same in Chrome. Here's my settings from my nvidia panel (it does the same when set to integrated):

I have no idea why it's calling it russian roulette!

• I get screen tearing too with nwjs 13 alpha 7 and nwjs 12. It doesn't help to set vsync to 'on' instead of 'use application setting' in nvidia control panel.

System:

Windows 7 SP1

Geforce GTX750 / driver 353.62

• I get screen tearing too with nwjs 13 alpha 7 and nwjs 12. It doesn't help to set vsync to 'on' instead of 'use application setting' in nvidia control panel.

System:

Windows 7 SP1

Geforce GTX750 / driver 353.62

Turn on Windows AERO. Without it Windows does not utilize the Vsync function.

• Sorry I forget to mention in this thread it works! Switch to an AERO theme.

• or simply go to win10. no aero bullshit there

• or simply go to win10. no aero bullshit there

No, just all of the other bullshit that comes with Windows 10

• It works! Thanks That's a weird oversight from MS...

or simply go to win10. no aero bullshit there

Omg don't! Heh

• actually they're pretty solid now after 10586 update. yes i know privacy is an issue, but you can turn it all off without any hacks and shit. haven't had a problem since i've reformatted (a couple of months ago) till now. everything works perfectly (and 10x faster then win7) (the trick was actually in doing a clean install, which most of people didn't do so they had problems :/)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you tested this against alpha8?

I hope they get it in order, this is the kind of stuff reviewers kick your shins for.

• actually they're pretty solid now after 10586 update. yes i know privacy is an issue, but you can turn it all off without any hacks and shit. haven't had a problem since i've reformatted (a couple of months ago) till now. everything works perfectly (and 10x faster then win7) (the trick was actually in doing a clean install, which most of people didn't do so they had problems :/)

That's good to hear. But I still don't trust em Between their 'offer you can't refuse'-tactics and dodgy EULA-clauses buried under a ton of legalese they're resembling some kind of two-bit malware business these days.

Have you tested this against alpha8?

I hope they get it in order, this is the kind of stuff reviewers kick your shins for.

I wasn't aware alpha8 was out, will test.

• Personally wouldn't touch Win 10 with a barge pole. There aggressive push is borderline criminal. I'm sticking with Win7 until it is retired then hopping over to a competitor.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)