NW.js v0.12.0 alpha 3 (Chromium 41) 13th Feb, Discussion

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • https://www.scirra.com/nwjs

v0.12.0 alpha 3 (Chromium 41) 13th February 2015

If anyone tests this version, I'd be curious to know what its like.

• Further testing: seems it's ok now. But for some strange reason, these games interact worse with my GPU, because on other platforms it runs fine.

#Confused

• Scratch what I said:

Screen tearing is even worse now. In regular non-scaled my game runs fine. Scaled up, the tearing is so bad I don't even want to play.

Really that bad? Damn :/

• What's the keyboard shortcut for a disappointed and unsurprised smilie? I guess this will have to do:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • isn't it funny that only available PC export option is some 3rd party v0.12.0 alpha (!!!) software?

I guess that in 2017 there will be stable v1.00.0

• ha

ha

ha

• Perfectly fine in my game here...? Maybe I need to do more testing?

• Just tested it. Jank is Gnarly right out of the gate on game start. Smooths out after about 20 sec, then FPS drops to 56-58 and game janks super gnarly. Which is really odd. Still seems to use twice the amount of CPU vs Node Webkit 10.5

As stated earlier. This is worse than before.

Sys Specs:

Xeon 3.3GHz

32 GB Ram

2 GB GTX 650 Ti

SSD drives

This just blows...

• Are we forced to update nodewebkit with the newer version of construct 2, since it became NW.js? or can we still use 10.5 with new versions. I've been holding off on updating construct since it was announced that node-webkit became NW.js

• Are we forced to update nodewebkit with the newer version of construct 2, since it became NW.js? or can we still use 10.5 with new versions. I've been holding off on updating construct since it was announced that node-webkit became NW.js

I'm exporting nw 10.5 and running c2 r196.2. Butter smooth....

• I tried it, and so far so good to be honest. Not single jag. I'm using latest stable.

• It's weird... several complaints here but, in my pc, the f*ing jerkiness stopped!

Everything is running butter smooth.

• isn't it funny that only available PC export option is some 3rd party v0.12.0 alpha (!!!) software?

I guess that in 2017 there will be stable v1.00.0

Look on the bright side two years to fine tune a game that is already complete - sorta like enforced quality control. . . . way to go Google . . .

• Sticking with 10.5 for now. Runs beautifully. If achievements don't work on Steam, people will just have to get over it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)