NW.js export update?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun May 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Morning all - I've just read the blog post about NW.js in construct 3 getting updated, particularly to fix the Mac permissions problem. That's great news - as a C2 user, it's an impending problem I've been trying to figure a way around.

Does anyone know if this is coming to Construct 2?
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 24, 2017 10:44 pm

Any insight would be super helpful. I'll be doing a lot of beta testing soon and the C2 nw.js mac permission workarounds posted aren't working for me, so I won't be able to beta test on osx.

Thanks in advance
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 11:18 am

Could @Ashley or @Tom give an update here? Will C2 get the same NW.js export update?
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 11:30 am

Don't count on it. C2 is basically on dying period now. Nothing good from C3 won't come into C2. You probably will have to live with C2 bugs and unfinished (as always) features or buy C3 subscription.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 11:34 am

Construct 2 is still going to be actively maintained, but mainly for bug fixes and maintenance. In general, any new features or major changes will only be made in Construct 3.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 5:59 pm

Ashley wrote:Construct 2 is still going to be actively maintained, but mainly for bug fixes and maintenance. In general, any new features or major changes will only be made in Construct 3.

Hey, thanks for the reply! 

I think I understand — the Mac export problem doesn't fall under maintenance, so won't be addressed.

Not a criticism, but C2 is advertised as being able to publish to Mac, and it's part of the reason I bought it. But I just can't get Mac NW.js working with the currently prescribed method. And in turn, I can't bring my game to that platform.

So if there's any way to get NW.js -> Mac on the to-do list for C2, it'd be really helpful. Or some kind of step-by-step tutorial for the "open on windows" permissions workaround — it's entirely possible I'm just not doing it right.

Appreciate your thoughts on this!
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 7:00 pm

brushfe wrote:
Ashley wrote:Construct 2 is still going to be actively maintained, but mainly for bug fixes and maintenance. In general, any new features or major changes will only be made in Construct 3.

Hey, thanks for the reply! 

I think I understand — the Mac export problem doesn't fall under maintenance, so won't be addressed.

Not a criticism, but C2 is advertised as being able to publish to Mac, and it's part of the reason I bought it. But I just can't get Mac NW.js working with the currently prescribed method. And in turn, I can't bring my game to that platform.

So if there's any way to get NW.js -> Mac on the to-do list for C2, it'd be really helpful. Or some kind of step-by-step tutorial for the "open on windows" permissions workaround — it's entirely possible I'm just not doing it right.

Appreciate your thoughts on this!

Have you visited this thread ?, maybe there you can find information.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/updated-02-05-2017-the-big-nw-js-roundup-tips-amp-tricks_t184449?&hilit=tips

I did not know that there is a problem with NW.js for Mac, that is a blow to me because I already have 50% (too much to change engine) of my game and I want it to work on Mac.
On the other hand I have not investigated that thread and maybe there is some solution, I hope.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 7:03 pm

The workaround in the NW.js export guide works, I've used it several times.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 7:29 pm

"On Mac OS X, there are actually several files inside the app package that need to be executable. The easiest way to preserve the permissions is to copy the exported project using OS X instead of Windows."

For people who don't have that option, Is there a list somewhere of the files that need to have their permissions set?
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 8:06 pm

So yeah if you wanna get the complete version of features advertised for C2 you should buy C3.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General