NW.js export update?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue May 30, 2017 10:08 am

HessamoddinS wrote:So yeah if you wanna get the complete version of features advertised for C2 you should buy C3.

That's not true. Besides this whole issue is to do with how different OSs interpret file attributes. It's not anything specific to C2/HTML5/NWjs.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Ashley wrote:
HessamoddinS wrote:So yeah if you wanna get the complete version of features advertised for C2 you should buy C3.

That's not true. Besides this whole issue is to do with how different OSs interpret file attributes. It's not anything specific to C2/HTML5/NWjs.

True, but I do see what he means.

If this issue isn't specific to C2, and a fix has been implemented in C3, then why not apply that fix to C2?

Particularly when the alternative is that an advertised feature is really a bug with a workaround, which requires networking two different machines and operating systems to perform.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Everyone wants everything backported to C2. It's just not possible or commercially sensible.

It's not so much a bug than the design of today's major commercial operating systems. So it's not a bug fix, just a better adaptation to cross-platform support.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 30, 2017 5:32 pm

brushfe wrote:
Ashley wrote:

True, but I do see what he means.

If this issue isn't specific to C2, and a fix has been implemented in C3, then why not apply that fix to C2?

Particularly when the alternative is that an advertised feature is really a bug with a workaround, which requires networking two different machines and operating systems to perform.

You can try port the exporter from C3 to C2.
Liked something I say?
Tip. My Bitcoin address: 1PLaeKmXQ8vEdGGJqXMq3KyB8hxeddxeSv
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 30, 2017 8:39 pm

Ashley wrote:Everyone wants everything backported to C2. It's just not possible or commercially sensible.

It's not so much a bug than the design of today's major commercial operating systems. So it's not a bug fix, just a better adaptation to cross-platform support.

While I understand there's a (naturally) large demand for all the C3 features to come to C2, it must be frustrating for your team. But I think it's a shame that a request like this is lumped in with all that.

Exporting easily to OSX isn't a cool feature like an array editor – it's a necessary, promised function of this game engine. So I still struggle to understand why this kind of function wouldn't be considered engine maintenance in C2.

Or, if it's still not going to brought to C2 users, a step-by-step guide for basic users would be super helpful. And, as Prominent said, a way to do it for those who don't have the option outlined in the work around.

Thanks for your input in all this
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Ashley wrote:Everyone wants everything backported to C2. It's just not possible or commercially sensible.

I disagree. If your software product has X feature announced on the tin then it's commercially sensible to make sure that feature works properly and continues to work properly. That's pretty much the textbook definition of maintenance isn't it?
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 31, 2017 2:09 am

Hi everyone, sorry for my intrusion and my bad English but as a developer of games for Apple in specific for Mac AppStore in the forum and the blog of Scirra I can not find at all clear how to export my game of construct2 for the Mac app store.

However in The homepage of Construct2 is clearly reflected that it is possible to export the game of construct2 to Mac OSX in fact I have posted a post in the forum and nobody has answered me viewtopic.php?f=182&t=192084

Please Ashley, or any Scirra member take some time and make a step by step Tutorial of "How to export and distribute your game to Mac AppStore"

Thanks in advance
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 am

Message: istero can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
@shinkan , please can you give me a contact info , i am literally begging you . I have a problem which I saw in your thread that you are capable to solve . You have the capx file which you gave to ArcadEd , that can solve the screen resolution problems .You claimed it here https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/998/sc ... astcomment .
Or you can just tell me the event that is needed to do that. Please help.

Sorry for not contacting through PMs because I am not able to do it .
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:39 pm

@istero I think I still have that capx. But what is your problem, can you describe it?
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:04 pm

I have black bars on top , bottom , left , right of my game when I open my game from my phone . I want to remove those and make the app compatible with different screen sizes . My app is for android in portrait mode with scrolling sprites , texts and backgroud.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General