NW.js export update?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Ashley wrote:Everyone wants everything backported to C2. It's just not possible or commercially sensible.

It's not so much a bug than the design of today's major commercial operating systems. So it's not a bug fix, just a better adaptation to cross-platform support.

It's a bug fix. Obviously. It works in C3 without requiring an OSX machine to change permissions on - which is an odd thing to say is an acceptable solution to begin with, seeing as how C2 only runs on Windows. C2 is also advertised as having the ability to export a working game to OSX. Or is it that C2 only "officially" exports the game, and there's no promise that it will actually do so properly and produce something that works?

But sure, it's the OS's "fault" for C2 handling permissions improperly. Making something work as described isn't a bug fix or maintenance, and requiring a workaround should be expected, especially in a product ostensibly marketed as for beginners. Totally makes sense.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:49 am

Ashley wrote:Everyone wants everything backported to C2. It's just not possible or commercially sensible.
It's not so much a bug than the design of today's major commercial operating systems. So it's not a bug fix, just a better adaptation to cross-platform support.

I know everyone in here including myself would like to see this getting "fixed" but I'd like to ask for a workaround, if that's feasible with the different runtimes and such.

Construct 3 has an export manager which allows C2 mobile projects to be exported using C3, would it technically be possible to open our C2 desktop games and export them using C3? I know owning a C3 license just for keeping file permissions isn't what the majority of people in here would like to do but it's just an idea after all.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:38 am

You can already import C2 projects to C3. So you just need to import and press export.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:39 am

Ashley wrote:You can already import C2 projects to C3. So you just need to import and press export.

Not really since my project has plugins and behaviors which need to get ported over to C3 first (not sure if this is a requirement for the mobile build server as well). I know it isn't C3's fault for not supporting these addons but many of them will simply never get an update for various reasons and therefor it's impossible for me to do a full switch.

---

On a different note, while searching for a possible solution I found THIS post by @mcsamuel.
He provided a shellscript and all the details needed in order to fix the permissions. I'm not sure if it still works with recent versions of NW.js but could someone with OSX and knowledge in creating and executing shellscripts please look into this and confirm that it works?

Thanks in advance!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General