NW.js issue

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Ok, so I wanted to see if anyone ran into this issue. I made a application that is a pretty simple reference tool that links to various sites. If I export it was a HTML, the program will run fine, however I wanted to make this a NW.js file.

The issue with this is, if I export it with a "Window Frame" the program will crash pretty consistently once a user clicks any of the links. Sometimes you can click a single link successfully, but never more than 2. After opening a link or 2 the entire program closes out. No error messages or indication as to why as far as I can see.

I tried playing around with the settings (resizable, kiosk, minified on and off, compression from default to none) with the same results. It wasn't until I unchecked the "Window frame" that the program stopped crashing. The only issue that I have with this is, it's difficult for users to expand and navigate with this option off.

I ran this on 2 Windows 8.1 computers, both with 8gb of memory, a gig of video memory (Intel HD), fully updated OS, drivers, Java.

Anyone run into a similar issue? It's pretty disappointing to have this happen coming back to this program. At this point I may just scrap this program and use a different editor. Thanks
B
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:46 am

Are you executing nw.js api script to open a default browser window, or are you using the Browser object to do it? The Browser object only works on browsers, not nw.js... See here for the api.
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:13 am

Example: duck (on clicked) Browser (open new window) go to http://www.somewebsite.com

Preview browser (default, Chrome, Firefox)

Export to: NW.js
B
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:35 am

Preview browser has to be NW.js also.

You need to download and install NW.js from HERE

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:25 am

I will give that a try, thank you
B
G

Post » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Well I tried it and having the exact same issue(s) across multiple systems. Thanks, but I'm going to just move this project to something else.
B
G

Return to Construct 2 General