NWJS not completely closing when exiting app

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:09 am

@Ashley
I'm still seeing it, in 225 and now in 226. 3 instances are openned while previewing using NWjs, but only 1 closes leaving 2 hanging
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:35 am

@ MelVin, I created and submitted a bug report to the nw.js github here a few days ago. Version 14 rc3 appears to be unavailable now - I am hopeful that this will help fix the problem.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:44 am

Ashley wrote:I've incorporated that workaround for the next beta. That should paper over the cracks for existing projects, and new projects should not be affected anyway, since I think this stemmed from upgrading a NW.js 0.12 app. Closing.

It's possible that the workaround is reportedly not working in the newest new versions of NW because, as I saw when researching that fix, the documentation said they were in the process of changing and deprecating some of the old syntax requirements for the NW gui.
FREEDOM: Diegesis - Out Now for Windows! http://freedom.quicksandgames.com
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:48 pm

I've been seeing this issue lately with my game since updating it on steam. I haven't gotten any steam customer complaints about it yet. Hopefully the new beta comes out soon, and I can do another export to fix this. Currently its just a matter of killing the processes in task manager, but its obviously not ideal to expect players to do that. There was another nw.js issue people complained about, though. If they have two or three monitors the game always opened on the wrong monitors. I have no idea how to fix that either.
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:54 pm

oh... I just realized I'm a few weeks behind on new releases.
Maybe its actually fixed already.
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Yay its fixed! No more leaks.
Thanks.
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:58 pm

This issue is not fully fixed! (I'm using the latest version of NW.js installed [v0.14.0])
When closing NW.js using the native Windows "X", it leaves a process behind.
Even if this issue is fixed for export, it should be fixed for the previewmode too.

@Kyatric I request to re-open this issue and close it when it is fully fixed, thanks!

EDIT: For some odd reason this doesn't seem happen each time when trying to launch the preview.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:08 pm

@TheRealDannyyy: Welcome to the bugs forum.
If you have encountered a bug, fill a proper bug report following the bug report guidelines so that Ashley can investigate the issue properly.

Closed bugs are not re-opened.
Especially since the issue is different from the original subject (preview is not export).
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Kyatric wrote:@TheRealDannyyy: Welcome to the bugs forum.
If you have encountered a bug, fill a proper bug report following the bug report guidelines so that Ashley can investigate the issue properly.

Closed bugs are not re-opened.
Especially since the issue is different from the original subject (preview is not export).

@Kyatric seriously? :?
Ok fine then, I'll do it even though it is an engine side issue and therefor I'm not able to provide a proper capx with my report which is against the guidelines...
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:47 pm

@TheRealDannyyy
Try renaming the project, and then running the preview.
You should still do a bug report, even if that fixes it.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs