NW.js v0.12.0 (Chromium 41) 5th March, Discussion

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:11 am

megatronx wrote:
Nesteris wrote:I'm still getting some slight jank, it's most noticeable when you jump. But my game is 256x224 scaled to screen. So it could be that a couple pixels still jank, although it's only happening on my player.

When you update NW.js, what happens to the package.json files? Do they update as well? Because mine are apparently dated 27/01 but my new NW.js update is dated 06/03. Are they supposed to update as well?

You know, I think there is problem not related to nw with scaling up low res games.
I have same "couple of px" problems with my project. Especially with vertical elevators.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:40 pm

megatronx wrote:
megatronx wrote:
Nesteris wrote:I'm still getting some slight jank, it's most noticeable when you jump. But my game is 256x224 scaled to screen. So it could be that a couple pixels still jank, although it's only happening on my player.

When you update NW.js, what happens to the package.json files? Do they update as well? Because mine are apparently dated 27/01 but my new NW.js update is dated 06/03. Are they supposed to update as well?

You know, I think there is problem with scaling up low res games.
I have same "couple of px" problems with my project. Especially with vertical elevators.

Fairly sure it's NW.js because the jank and such wasn't present before the first update that introduced it.
It would be awesome if Scirra made it's own custom desktop exporter. Or Monzilla made their own, google has a major tendency to ruin a lot of things.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:14 am

Okay so I updated to this version and I get around 49~ FPS, whereas with the very first unbundled nodewebkit from r187 I get 58~ FPS.

So the older version gave me 10 more FPS than the new! So this new version is looking worse for my Intel i3 computer as it now causes a frame rate drop and stuttering, I guess I'll have to try it on a range of low-end computers though to see if its universally worse for my game.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:16 pm

@alspal - it should be the same as Chrome. Has the latest Chrome update had a corresponding framerate drop too?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:35 pm

@alspal: i have an Intel i3, too and with the game i am currently working on i get constant 60fps in windowed mode & fullscreen with the latest node webkit. But, i am not using third party plugins. Try to disable plugin after plugin and look if it helps. Or, maybe it's a webgl effect, that causes the frame drop.

Good luck.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:26 am

Ya, it's basically the same performance as Chrome, not going above 50 FPS (35 FPS in newest FF). So the old node-webkit is still better performing, at least on my low end i3.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:14 am

It's sad that such a large company like Google just keep breaking products, software and services.

Not only is there jank still present, I'm using a pixelation effect, and when it activates there's super obvious screen tearing going from left to right.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:39 pm

It's slower than NW 10.5 here too but getting relatively smooth performance at least. The occasional jank. Nothing big.

The screen tearing though is ugly as balls. Isn't that what vsync is supposed to be for?

It would be awesome if Scirra made it's own custom desktop exporter. Or Monzilla made their own, google has a major tendency to ruin a lot of things.

Yeah, dependency sucks.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:44 am

Unfortunately, anything that relies on chome is a work in futility.

12 months ago chrome was easily the best (if not only) choice for html5 games. Now it is, 'don't bother'.
Google could easily fix this problem by rolling back to the version before they introduced the jank. If they pay any attention to the bug reports for this issue, they could easily pinpoint what, and when they broke it, roll back to the version that worked, and move forward from there.

Why don't they fix it? Two words: don't care.

Simply put, you can't use chrome any more for C2 games.
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:41 am

ErekT wrote:

Ruin stuff like environment and economy, and what pisses me a lot too, they'll whole business plan is based around single direction links. If they would finally introduce bi-directional links, the problem of copyrights would exists only in video space.

Also, all those news about exporters are very disheartening :/
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General