NW.js v0.12.0 (Chromium 41) 5th March, Discussion

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:15 am

Nesteris wrote:It's sad that such a large company like Google just keep breaking products, software and services.

Not only is there jank still present, I'm using a pixelation effect, and when it activates there's super obvious screen tearing going from left to right.

I have a Nexus 5. Their recent update (for Australia) broke my audio for phone call, ring tones and such go through the ear piece instead of main speaker and there's nothing I can do to fix it but when for them to release a new fix. Pathetic from such a huge company swimming in cash.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:31 am

@michael
@megatronx
@Silverforce

but you know, Google is not selling Chromium as a game player or game engine...
it was Scirra's decision to put everything on 1 card: Chromium

and now so many C2 devs suffer
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:05 am

szymek wrote:@michael
@megatronx
@Silverforce

but you know, Google is not selling Chromium as a game player or game engine...
it was Scirra's decision to put everything on 1 card: Chromium

and now so many C2 devs suffer

That is true, but we all know by now that Scirra is very unlikely to ever change that. Because of this reliance on third party vendors who can't, or won't, fix their own bugs, both C2 and C3 are much more likely to remain a prototyping tool.

That is of course lamentable given the power of this awesome tool.
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:14 am

@michael

I still have hope for @Ludei Atomic Plugins, now waiting for update of their cloud service,
because as for now only Canvas+ [Android] and WebView+ [iOS] are good enough
for anything more complicated than Flappy Bird clone

"both C2 and C3 are much more likely to remain a prototyping tool"

prototyping and education tool :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:33 am

Honestly, it would be awesome if all the plugin community banded together and make their own custom Construct2-native windows exporter.
Or any kind of native exporter. It's sad that Construct Classic was able to export natively, yet the new and improved, "better" version, Construct 2 with the number, relies on everyone else for exporting support.

Especially when people who never publish their games, or publish to mobile are around 15% of the user-base. They rest want to be, and are trying to become full-on game designers.

I wish Ashley would make a full of desktop version of Construct 2/3 (desktop version as in for native desktop apps), maybe use C++ or Python (seems fitting for events) for the engine instead of HTML5 and JavaScript.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:01 am

Nesteris wrote:I wish Ashley would make a full of desktop version of Construct 2/3 (desktop version as in for native desktop apps), maybe use C++ or Python (seems fitting for events) for the engine instead of HTML5 and JavaScript.

Yeah, but it won't happen. This a HTML5 engine, and despite the overwhelming evidence of the flaws in this direction (due to third party reliance), Scirra will likely never budge.

As I see it the problem is the desire to be able to publish to multiple platforms - the result: multiple exports that may work for simple flappy game only, if at all.

At the moment you can't even run a mediocre C2 game 100 smooth on a desktop system that will run any of the big 3D games with all options set to max. Let's be honest, even occasional jank on such a system for simple 2D games is not acceptable. (But it's ok, just update your graphics driver, and wait for 12 months when things will improve - good PR!!)

To me mobile is waste of time. C3 should have been the next iteration of CC, and just export to desktop only.
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:12 am

@michael

Scirra's excuses are pathetic (always about waiting and better future; btw. jittering Chromium issue was submitted almost 6 months ago, lol) but I disagree with mobiles. For really good game/app you need money, and small mobile apps (with native ads) can help you gain enough money for something bigger.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:51 am

@michael

+1 The future is now, I didn't buy Construct 2 to wait on people not even related to it. I bought it to make my games now.

@syzmek
So can kickstarter or a backer. And if we wanted to make mobile apps we could just use C2 again. C3 needs to be better, not just an editor update.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:42 am

So it's been quite a few months since the last NW.js update, is it not improving much, or is it as good as it's going to get?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:47 am

nw.js 0.13.0 will be based on chromium 43, which I heard fixes the smoothness issue.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General