NWjs - Write File in ".png"

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I need to save as PNG-file my CanvasSnapshot.

"Brower.InvodeDownload" can do it, but "NWjs.WriteFile" creates the unreadable file in PNG-format.

Is there any way to do it?

• InvokeDownload works perfect and can save *png.

Why would you need to use anything else?

• To cut a long story short I have found the solution by myself.

We should use "tokenat(CanvasSnapshot,1,",")" instead of just "CansavSnapshot".

Also we should find "writefile" function in "c2runtime.js", go 5 steps down and change "UTF8" with "Base64"

• InvokeDownload works perfect and can save *png.

Why would you need to use anything else?

Because I am creating a program like "Spriter" and I do not want user to click LMB every time my program saves the image.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well if your program will be more like thing we had in Construct Classic I would be more than glad to purchase it! Best of luck.

• Well if your program will be more like thing we had in Construct Classic I would be more than glad to purchase it! Best of luck.

Thank you. I will try my best.

• To cut a long story short I have found the solution by myself.

We should use "tokenat(CanvasSnapshot,1,",")" instead of just "CansavSnapshot".

Also we should find "writefile" function in "c2runtime.js", go 5 steps down and change "UTF8" with "Base64"

Hi,

Do you happen to have an example available? i am trying to do the same thing. I would like to download an image without giving the user a pop up.

Thanks,

• Nw.js write image file

For screenshot:

Browser.ExecJS("var fs = require('fs');fs['writeFileSync']('" &replace(NodeWebkit.UserFolder & "screenshot" & ".png","\","\\")& "','" &CanvasSnapshot& "'.split(',')[1], {'encoding': 'base64'});")
    [/code:1h44l4vf]

nwjsWriteScreenshot.capx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)