Object and behavior requests

Forum for plugin, effect and behavior programmers. Please use the Help & Support forum for help using Construct.

Post » Tue May 06, 2008 3:56 pm

[quote="machrider":12reyhnm]Perhaps it wouldn't be too much to ask for a plugin that can load 3D models (such as md2 files, etc.)? Would that be possible or does that sound pretty unreasonable? I've always wanted to make a 2.5D platform game.[/quote:12reyhnm]

This has been suggested maany times. Make a search for it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Yeah, it's been suggested by me. I just thought I'd ask now that there is someone taking requests.

But actually, I have a better, simpler, much more plausible and practical thing to suggest.

Rich, could you please make a joypad object? Just a basic joypad object would be great. One that supports dual analog sticks (for games like Geometry Wars) would be even better. But even a basic 4 button joypad object would be great compared to the nonexistant joypad support that exists now.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 23, 2008 10:07 am

Just to bring an interesting idea up.

What if there was an Online plugin which handled a connection to a server (or another client) - which could be made global to all layouts of course - and then a behavior which could be applied to objects which would link with this object and automatically send optimized data, with options for things like dead reckoning?

Edit:
This is in addition to having a full action set for writing all your netcode yourself, for users who want absolute control.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 26, 2008 12:42 am

That's really how I thought it should be, Rich.
However if you do it (I see you hinting) then you should include an action to "Send value" and event for "On value received" - so you can code online events easily that way, along with letting the behavior send its updates.

Also, in the behavior settings, allow configuration of what data to update - Position, Private Variables, Animations, and Behavior data (from other behaviors).
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 29, 2008 9:22 am

[quote="Rich":1g8ozf76]What if there was an Online plugin which handled a connection to a server (or another client) - which could be made global to all layouts of course - and then a behavior which could be applied to objects which would link with this object and automatically send optimized data, with options for things like dead reckoning?

Edit:
This is in addition to having a full action set for writing all your netcode yourself, for users who want absolute control.[/quote:1g8ozf76]
All the facilities that would make online games easier to manage would be totally welcome!

Nowadays single player offline gaming is becoming the exception (!).. if Construct could avoid to the user a good part of the "dirty work", that would make it the DEFINITIVE game making tool.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:21 am

Any chance of an object that creates a tray icon being produced?
B
G

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:26 am

[quote:8xig168w][100% PRIORITY or GIVE-ME-A-CARD][/quote:8xig168w]
Wow and what make's you think you can make demands like that?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:21 am

A .. TERRIFYING .. terrorist?

B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:14 pm

So like, I heard Rich was making that online multiplayer plugin ;)

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Controller plugin would be cool. So you can use game controllers and stuff.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct engineering