Object AVI

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hello.

When playing video (.avi) on full screen using AVI object - video blinks and control panel appears at the bottom of the screen (with buttons Play, Pause and Time slider).

Here is a screenshot:

But when video is playing in windowed mode - everything is fine.

Does anybody know how to remove blinking and control panel in the full-screen view?

And another question - what codec for .avi is better to use, that it is reproduced in the new(clear) operation system without specially installed codecs?

Thanks.

• honestly, I never use this plugin.

• I'd pretty much trust Xvid (MPEG4) to be installed

but out-of-the-box windows comes with pretty crappy codecs.. among them WMV (not 9)

You could launch the installer for Xvid from a game installer, too.

• And what developers of the program can say about this?

Here is an example: http://www.fileqube.com/shared/OqXlc1502806 16kb

Here is a Video File: http://www.fileqube.com/shared/oCVPv1502805 153kb

• It just uses standard Windows functions, nothing special.

• It just uses standard Windows functions, nothing special.

Richy, I understand, thanks.

But why when video is playing on full screen using standard Windows Media Player everything is fine and image is displayed correctly (without any blinkings and control panel)? And when video is playing on full screen using Object AVI - video blinks and appears control panel? (you can see that at the screenshot or look at the cap file earlier in this topic)

How to remove video blinking and control panel? Is this problem of Windows and I should reinstall it? Or is it a bug of the program? (once again remind that when video is playing in windowed mode - everything is fine).

P.S. Solution of this problem is very important for me, because I would like to use short videos between the levels in my game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe the DirectX display inteferes with it. I had to tweak the other window controls (buttons, edits etc) to get them to show right even in windowed mode.

• Maybe the DirectX display inteferes with it. I had to tweak the other window controls (buttons, edits etc) to get them to show right even in windowed mode.

Ok.. Could you explain in details how you tweak?

• I'd like to know how to get a video running properly in fullscreen , and how to make the video fullscreen - because I made a fancy intro to my next game ( an unnofficial sequel to an amazingly awesome flash game )

• I'd like to know how to get a video running properly in fullscreen , and how to make the video fullscreen - because I made a fancy intro to my next game ( an unnofficial sequel to an amazingly awesome flash game )

I'd like to know too...

• Window controls don't work in fullscreen, so I think there'd need to be a new plugin to play videos for DirectX really.

• Window controls don't work in fullscreen, so I think there'd need to be a new plugin to play videos for DirectX really.

It would be great if you create a plugin which properly plays video in fullscreen (without any blinkings and control panels).

P.S. We will wait...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)