Object doesn't wait and flash, how to fix?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:42 pm

@codah, if flash had it's own time scale that would just be great.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:57 pm

Use a group to isolate the events you don't want to happen when the enemy is frozen, then on Frozen, set it inactive; on Not frozen, activate it again.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:20 pm

You need to disable whatever else you have the object doing while it flashes first.
Hard to say what else without knowing what that is.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:46 pm

codah wrote:Use a group to isolate the events you don't want to happen when the enemy is frozen, then on Frozen, set it inactive; on Not frozen, activate it again.

It doesn't show on the screencaps, but the events are in their own separate group.

[quote=newt]You need to disable whatever else you have the object doing while it flashes first.
Hard to say what else without knowing what that is. [/quote]

The only thing the object is doing while is a flashing is the bullet behaviour,
are you suggesting that I wait for the 9 seconds, restore time scale, disable bullet behaviour, flash and the enable the behaviour?
There's a bug where the enemy still damages my player despite it being frozen, but I'll try to work around it.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:53 pm

"are you suggesting that I wait for the 9 seconds, restore time scale, disable bullet behaviour, flash and the enable the behaviour?"

Sure, unless you are doing something with acceleration.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:41 pm

newt wrote:"are you suggesting that I wait for the 9 seconds, restore time scale, disable bullet behaviour, flash and the enable the behaviour?"

Sure, unless you are doing something with acceleration.

Hot dog, that worked. You're a genius.

+100 to @newt
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:51 pm

I thought you wanted the object 'disabled' even for that second of flashing.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:44 pm

codah wrote:I thought you wanted the object 'disabled' even for that second of flashing.

I did, I used the thing he said and just set it disabled before the flash started, made a wait action for the duration of the flash and then set enabled and then set Frozen to False.

Worked perfectly.
Banned User
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?