Object Group selection suggestion

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Hello!

Pardon me if this is not the right place to post suggestions, but I was wondering about an easy way to allow group selection of objects in construct classic layout, since it doesn't have layers like version 2.

Put your objects in a group folder in the project tree, and allow Shift+click on the folder to select them all at once. Then once selected you can move them around all at once easily in the viewport.

Sound easy in my mind, maybe it's impossible, but I wanted to write it somewhere and plant the seed. :)

Odin bless you all!

• I was wondering about an easy way to allow group selection of objects in construct classic layout, since it doesn't have layers like version 2.

Construct Classic does have layers, it's in the right tab menu "Layers"

• That would be one, I would also love to be able to Ctrl+G to get all the objects as one group to move them or reduce them altogether, and Shift+Ctrl+G to release the group!

(and be able to move objects to folders directly from the object window, and be able to drag and drop objects from one layout to another, and...)

• I would also love to be able to Ctrl+G to get all the objects as one group to move them or reduce them altogether, and Shift+Ctrl+G to release the group!

I wished this since I first used CC! And don't forget the ability to rotate them around an anchor point, and Ctrl+U is a more standard shortcut for release (ungroup).

Also would be nice if these groups could be referenced in events like a normal object or a family. Maybe this could be implemented in C2 as a more versatile replacement for containers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is it something that would still be consider in a future release?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)