Object picking has stopped working correctly

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:04 am

That's correct, but system comparisons do not pick, or place objects into the selected objects list.
For example if you were to compare the enemy's private variable that way it would not pick that instance.
Same goes for system compare, or system evaluate.

Anyways, just pointing out the subtleties that might lead to more errors, like the fact that else doesn't take picked objects into account.
In fact once the else affects an object, and is triggered, including any held in subevents, all events that excluded it beforehand are thrown out the window.

[url:1r2yquyf]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/666516/ohshi.cap[/url:1r2yquyf]
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:03 am

[quote="newt":1m0d4m3i]That's correct, but system comparisons do not pick, or place objects into the selected objects list.
For example if you were to compare the enemy's private variable that way it would not pick that instance.
Same goes for system compare, or system evaluate.

Anyways, just pointing out the subtleties that might lead to more errors, like the fact that else doesn't take picked objects into account.
In fact once the else affects an object, and is triggered, including any held in subevents, all events that excluded it beforehand are thrown out the window.

[url:1m0d4m3i]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/666516/ohshi.cap[/url:1m0d4m3i][/quote:1m0d4m3i]

Your .cap example does show what I was originally commenting about. Where i would assume when sprite is picked in event 2 it would also use the picked sprite for event 4(something it Should do imo.)

Long story short.(aka what I learned)
Else doesn't use picks.
Objects are destroyed at the end of ticks.

thanks for the help.
B
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic