Object :: spreadsheet

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • What would be really useful for me is a "speadsheet" object, where you can create, edit and delete rows etc.

• Array?

• Us devs will be too busy before 1.0 - maybe find another developer...

• Array?

No, a spreadsheet, like ms excel.

Us devs will be too busy before 1.0 - maybe find another developer...

Fair enough.

• Array is essentially a spreadsheet... But yeah, can't really change its size and such in runtime.

Instead, you could use a HashTable, you can insert and remove keys at will. You can store name of another hashtable as a value, when you read rows, for example, it would point to a hashtable with columns and their values.

Ergo, spreadsheet.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Neither of which will sow any output on the application or game.

I would have to somehow manually add textboxes or something to each row and column for every peice of data added = stupid.

• Ah, I see, it is the spreadsheet display... well, in that case one'll have to develop a spreadsheet plugin. I, too, would have uses for it.

As it stands, you could do 'for each key (ordered)' condition to create and position text boxes, then fill them with current key's values. It will only create as many boxes as there are keys, which is handy

• Yeah I kinda suggested this would be useful awhile back somewhere... but it's not really a priority so I guess we will have to wait. Im guessing the team will get around to it sometime after 1.0 release.

~Sol

• Well in any case they can see at least 3 of us want it now so it's better than not being asked at all heh and hopefully once we reach a stable release more people will come here and do plugins for us ^_^

• Don't expect it any soon, though, at least not until after 1.0. Until then, hashtables will have to do - or an array object. You can do 'for each element' or 'for each key' stuff to create text objects that read and display that value.

• There's a half made one in our plugins base, but it uses the old SDK.

If any developer wants it (it's about half the work done for them) I can send it.

• There's a half made one in our plugins base, but it uses the old SDK.

If any developer wants it (it's about half the work done for them) I can send it.

Maybe it is worth posting about in the plugin forum?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)