Offer a free and a paid version, remember game state

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi!

Does anyone know how to approach the following problem:

Say I have a free version with a limited amount of levels available in Google Store. I also want to sell a full version for one dollar. The two games are separate entities. Is there a way to make the full version retrieve the game state from the free version, so that the client doesn't have to replay old levels?

I tried searching the forums with keywords like "sell", "free", "unlock", "remember game state" but didn't really find any resources. Is there any tutorials on the subject I could check?

ANY help is highly appreaciated!
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:12 am

B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:33 am

i think the best way to go about this would be to offer one game that is locked be default then use IAP to unlock the full version
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 am

A0Nasser wrote:I think you need to use :
https://www.scirra.com/manual/120/webstorage

I'm pretty sure that won't work. WebStorage runs per domain, so the premium version would not be able to access the demo versions webstorage.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:59 am

I have seen somewhere that you can download files from C2 to your hard drive.You could do something with save games. Allowing the player to download a save game file and load it in the full game from disk.

I can imagine that there might be problems with object UID'n. But I don't really understand how the save system works.
My game Petrolhead Tactics is now on Steam Greenlight. I could not have done this without C2 ? Please rate, if you like!

Steam client already open: petrolheadtactics.com/steam
Web: petrolheadtactics.com/greenlight
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?