Offering Linux/Mac porting services

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:26 pm

To whom it may concern (always wanted to say that, hehe).
I'm offering my services as a "porting whiz".

In terms of Construct 2, this basically comes down to providing people with handcrafted Linux installation scripts, Mac OS X .dmgs or .pkgs and anything else people may want/need. Everything will undergo a rigorous testing process and, if required, will be built on top of a custom Node Webkit build.

In return, I'm merely asking for a copy (Steam or otherwise) of the finished game as well as recognition . Any additional form of payment is solely up to the clients discretion.

I'm also offering non-Construct 2 based ports. Here, the "price" is once again a copy of the game + recognition.
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:30 am

The offer still stands.

I can also help optimizing for performance/file size and testing the game on multiple hardware platforms. I own several Macs (equipped with AMD, Intel and NVIDIA GPUs) and half a dozen Linux boxes, so I'm in the position to test the game for all kinds of graphics drivers.
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:21 pm

A testing service is a cool idea! We may come back to that later:-)
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:31 pm

If there's any interest, I can also offer a custom wrapper based on Mozilla's Gecko.
While I'm still having some issues with the GNU/Linux version (specifically fglrx, aka the official AMD Catalyst driver blob), Mac OS X and Windows games utilizing WebGL are generally a fair bit faster under it than under Node Webkit.

GPU blacklisting is also less of/no issue.
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Porting Construct2 for Linux is a great idea.
Maybe using Wine could work, but it simply won't be the same.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Message: frn2000 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
frn2000 wrote:Porting Construct2 for Linux is a great idea.
Maybe using Wine could work, but it simply won't be the same.

Construct2 doesn't quite behave the same way in Wine. When I put my license file in the subdirectory (copy and paste) or through the Contruct2 interface, the application simply would not load. Construct2 would simply crash. I opened a case in Wine (https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37211), but it seemed to be an issue with Ubuntu 14.04. I re-imaged the machine and copied the license again. Once again it crashed. I removed the license file (a simple .txt file) and it worked. So whom do I ask for help? Wine indicates that the Construct2 runs and it does as long as I don't use my license file. Can Scirra do something to help so I can use the full version of Construct2 that I paid for?
Last edited by frn2000 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:33 pm

I would like to keep you in contact list.
Can you please send me your email / skype to krish at toonheart dot com
Krish
Hey! Did you know that you can hire me to make your games?

Click Here to See More
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:13 am

Hey, I was wondering if you've ever heard of the GCW- Zero. if you haven't it is a handheld, open-source gaming system. I was wondering if you might be able to port construct 2 to it, seeing as it it's operating system's roots are based on Linux. I've developed many games I would enjoy to see on it. Please get back to me as soon as you can.
B
S

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests