Offline HTML5 distribution

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Hi!

I'm aware that currently is not possible to execute an HTML5 Construct 2 game from disk, but I'm in a situation where I find this type of distribution desirable.

My first question is: is this limitation avoidable in some way?

Here is my situation:

I'm going to sell a digital product from my website which consists audio files, video files, and pdf files, everything inside a zip, and I want to include a couple of Construct 2 apps to teach some things that have to be interactive.

Obviously, the clients can be on iOS, Mac, Windows, Android, ... but I can't make apps for the stores because I will sell the product from my website and it can't be public.

The only option that I have right now is to store the apps in my web server and provide a link to them, which is not that bad, but I would prefer that the clients have everything in their devices.

My second question is: if it is absolutely impossible to do this kind of distribution, do you a better idean than having my app "public" in my hosting?

Thanks a lot!

• Isn't node webkit what you want?

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1276/e ... -with-nwjs

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think not, because it is only for desktop, if I'm not mistaken.

• C2's offline support means that while the first time you run an app does download it from the web, every time after that it actually loads off disk, so you don't need to be online.

• Yes, that's why I'm inclined to use the distribution I described. However, the ideal thing would be a completely offline execution, from my ideal standpoint.

I think I will survive that way for now ).

Thanks!

• Hi,

I'm also looking for the same thing, i.e. instead of browser cache I want to download whole package and play locally. This is because browser have cache size limitation in android device. So if I have 50 games It wont be possible to play all of them in offline mode. Kindly help!

• Sorry. I didn't achieved, so I can help you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)