Old enough?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:50 am

At the time I had a Colour Computer 1 & 3. But I did play some Commodor Games. My favorite C64 was Alice in Wonderland. It was an eye opener for game design for me.

For the CoCo3 my favourite were the graphical text adventures.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Atari 2600, 600xl ... C64 ...yup.

I have no idea what it was called, but in highschool the computers in our Typing class had some network game on it. You moved Ascii characters around an arena with random walls and tried to shoot the other players. I can't remember what it was called, and I can't quite remember if it as Apple or PC, all I remember is they had dual-floppy disk drives.

Probably the main reason I spend all my spare time playing CoD and BF today.
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:24 am

I wish I had all the twenty cent pieces I spent playing Space Invaders at the pub on Friday nights!
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:02 am

Amstrad 512. Cost a fair bit at the time. My parents were the first in the town (19k population) to have a hard drive with the computer, and the computer shop allegedly said "Why do you want a hard drive for, you'll never need one of those."

Over a dozen years & several owners later, the Amstrad was still going strong. Don't know what happened to it after that.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:50 pm

I remember ... those were the glory days of the C64 ... I never was an owner of this kind of "power engine" because it was to expensive, so had to borrow one :(

While I'm writing these lines I feel tears in my eyes ...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I'm not very old. My first console was a Wii
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:25 pm

trev wrote:I have no idea what it was called, but in highschool the computers in our Typing class had some network game on it. You moved Ascii characters around an arena with random walls and tried to shoot the other players. I can't remember what it was called, and I can't quite remember if it as Apple or PC, all I remember is they had dual-floppy disk drives.

At least on Unix machines there was a game called Hunt .. it was multiplayer, but it run on text terminals (no need to have real computer for each player)
Need help? Upload .capx file with your question.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:08 am

@SayShhh - pointing out your youth on this "old and wrinkly" thread is not a good way to make friends ! :)

I use the Wii to remind myself how fit I am - but it lies ... :(
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:42 am

My first console was PS1
I will not let you reach the sisters
Nature Forums
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Joannak wrote:At least on Unix machines there was a game called Hunt .. it was multiplayer, but it run on text terminals (no need to have real computer for each player)

I just googled that ... if that wasn't the game it was essentially a clone of it. Huge fun at the time ... seemed to drive our teacher nuts, but yet she never deleted it off the systems. :)
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic