old spriter thread

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Yes, it was basically just as i reported before to make it crash. When loading the project it would crash every time i went to add or move something. Starting a new project seemed more stable however and you could use some of the features however it would still crash a lot after doing certain things like moving the timeline.

The plugin seemed to work but i couldn't test it fully because i think the editor would need to work well for me to do that. The example you posted needed to be edited first but it worked and seemed stable however. Basically when i tested it i was limited to using the animations you had setup in the example.

One suggestion which i think would be useful in the plugin is a way to mirror/flip a animation without needing to use the main editor to duplicate it with another new mirrored version. I don't think there was a option to do that but it would be useful.

Currently i have removed the plugin as i can't use it but i will try the next version when it is released. It sounds as if it will fix the problems i had using the current version. Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Hey Lucid, is the commercial version found at brashmonkey.com compatiable with this plugin for Construct Classic.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:09 pm

[QUOTE=FireLight]...to make it crash....it would crash every time i went to add or move something...it would still crash a lot...[/QUOTE]yes. stability seems to be the main complaint. here is a test exe for the new ui so far. please let me know if it works for you. once complete, the final 1.0 version of spriter will be built on this.   so please test it out, and try to make it glitch up or crash, and tell me how you did it.   press space bar to create a window, right click to add elements:
download ui test here

[QUOTE=FireLight]a way to mirror/flip a animation[/QUOTE]you can set the width to -.originalwidth to do a mirror

[QUOTE=Yung] Hey Lucid, is the commercial version found at brashmonkey.com compatiable with this plugin for Construct Classic. [/QUOTE] we have a converter between the old and new format available. mike has the link. I'll get it from him and post it later.lucid2011-12-20 18:44:47
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Briefly gave the UI.exe a run and so far everything seems very stable. Did not crash in the brief moment I played with it. The only thing that seems to happen is after there's a new UI, left clicking will keep creating the same options in the UI, I guess that's normal?

Looking forward to the update!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:09 pm

thank you yung, yes, that's the expected behavior, it's just random stuff to make sure the ui engine is working. finally integrating the ui into spriter now. thanks for your patience everyone.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:57 pm

I had single problem with the new test in that the exe would not close correctly and remained in the task manager, so i had to force close it. For the GUI however everything seemed to work well.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:40 pm

thanks firelight.

also, small update: still working on integrating the ui with spriter. As I began testing it in Spriter, I found additional features that cannot wait for basic usability, like docking, and zooming into the timeline, a few others. just bear with me a little longer, this will be the largest update thus far.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Keep up the good work. Can't work for the new version :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Any news on the update? Would really love to try it out more :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:02 am

Sorry for the lack of updates. Had about 2 1/2 weeks of unforeseen delays. Back on track, and things are progressing steadily again. I'll report back soon with a more complete status report and some screenshots. Thanks for your patience. I'll try my best to make sure this update is worth the wait.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion