Omega Gears poc wip

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:11 pm

This is what Im planning for a game Im calling Omega Gears.
Its aim is like an RTS, but with RPG elements, those being highly customizable drones that the player leads around via a mobile command station.
It wont have the usual mining/gathering of resources, but instead, you play a Duke from an ancient empire ordered to police several planets under his charge who is then given rewards for destroying pirates, and miners who steal from the kingdom.
Those rewards then can be used to update the drones in many different ways, such as speed, rate of fire, accuracy, weapons, armor etc. You will also be able to add additional drones, or replacements, given enough credits.
The cap is very very basic, and just shows what the initial game play might be like.
At some point I would like to ad some maze gereration, and have it so that when you change layouts, levels, or worlds a drop ship will, at a cost come and transport the drones.
Im pretty sure Ill continue to use the Hard Vacuum tiles, as the terrain images are friken awesome.
But Im not really happy with the vehicles, those may get changed as well.

[url:28rccrmm]http://www.badongo.com/file/12826458[/url:28rccrmm]
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 pm

I like it, i think it's a good idea. I like the logo to. fits the title.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:03 am

Could you upload it somewhere else it says something about exceeding quota.

Alos your logo look a bit like Constructs one.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:19 am

Strange, thier limits like 4gigs, oh well uploaded to mediafire:
[url:uxf63d7p]http://www.mediafire.com/?vzzlmzntxi5[/url:uxf63d7p]
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Nice work newt. The proof of concept is really cool, that little tank that follows you around to kill stuff is neat. It's pretty buggy but that's to be expected from an early test build.

My only crit is that the units are very tiny, making them a little larger would allow you to make them look nicer, but meh it's not really all that important. Gameplay comes first... graphics last IMO.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks!

Yeah I added a 2x zoom on the mouse wheel, so that helps a little. It might even be better on full screen. Problem then is the zoom will not pick up corners, and sides. I may eventually expand the layout, and have an invisible border.

I know one thing that makes it look a bit buggy is the way rts handles pathfinding. In this style (retro?) you kind of expect the pathfinding to run in 90 degree angles, not curves. But Im hoping eventually the grid system will be compatible with other behaviors.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:14 am

i got a problem with the wav, construc gave me an error message at runtime.
-Resource file: 's1.wav could not be found; do you want to search for it?
-Resource file: 's2.wav could not be found; do you want to search for it?
-Resource file: 'MYMIDI03.MID could not be found; do you want to search for it?

except for that, that look cool.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:43 am

[quote="Border":1lazf2fg]i got a problem with the wav, construc gave me an error message at runtime.
-Resource file: 's1.wav could not be found; do you want to search for it?
-Resource file: 's2.wav could not be found; do you want to search for it?
-Resource file: 'MYMIDI03.MID could not be found; do you want to search for it?

except for that, that look cool.[/quote:1lazf2fg]

Yeah I get the same errors, but the game still runs afterwards if you just ignore them all. I guess he has some externally linked files. :)

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:39 am

No, they are embeded resources (check the resouce tab), but Construct doesn't actually store the resources in the .cap... it waits until you build an .exe to store them.

So if you're going to post a .cap and you want people to hear the sound, you still have to include your sound folder, and people will still have to relink them (I think it goes off of absolute paths).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:49 am

Oh sorry about that, but your really not missing much, just a couple Audacity waves, and an ACS midi.
I'll try to remember to pull em out beforehand next time.
Image Image
B
S
G

Next

Return to Your Creations