"on Key pressed" not working in Firefox anymore

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:14 pm

Problem Description
i use an event "on Key pressed +" to increase a variable and im pretty sure it worked before updating to the last stable version but now it doesnt work in Firefox only, in Chrome it works fine

Description of Capx
simple capx with only this events "on Key pressed +"->add 1 to variable, set text to variable and "on Key pressed -"->add -1 to variable, set text to variable

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Observed Result
nothing happens

Expected Result
the variable should be increased and the text should be set to the variable value

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (NO)
  • FireFox: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows7 Home Premium

Construct 2 Version ID
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Works with different keys though, try it with Numpad + -
Image Image Image Image
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:31 pm

yeah but i think thats a bug :D
i dont have a numpad on this notebook here

can i provide any other usefull information for this issue? keyboard driver/layout or something like this?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:27 pm

fldr wrote:yeah but i think thats a bug :D
i dont have a numpad on this notebook here

can i provide any other usefull information for this issue? keyboard driver/layout or something like this?

Hmmm, I have reproduced it, from your link and my own minimal project test. I guess this is a FF bug, not C2, probably nothing can be done except FF dev address the bug.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:39 pm

yeah youre propably wright :/ had hoped its on construct because bugs are fixed much faster here then at mozilla, i always struggle to post bug reports that get recognized there
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:16 pm

We haven't changed the keyboard plugin in a long time. I think this is likely to be a change in Firefox. Consider reporting it to Mozilla.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs