"on mouse over" fading issues [solved]

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:06 am

hi everyone!

I'm on a dead end, searching for hours, but nothing works. i have an object X,invisible at start, and i want him to fade in and stay visible when my cursor is over a box, and fade out and stay invisible when my cursors goes out of that box.

actually, when i put my cursor over the box the first time, the object apears, start to fade out, then fade in ( like if fading out and fading in where starting at the same time), and stay visible, and when my cursor goes out, it fades out just as i want. after, if i put back my cursor over or out of the box, the objectappears, fades out and stay invisible (in less than 1 second).

i hope you understand, my english isn't so good, i apologize...

this is the events i'm using:

postimg. org/image/deyoomnxt

Do you know what's the problem here? can you help me?

thank's!

alexspiritheater2013-11-05 02:28:53
B

Post » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:50 am

your problems:
- trigger once needs to be grouped with the first condition mouse is over x to work for that condition
- fading in does only seem to work once when using start fade, fading out seems to work multiple times when using start fade (bug probably that it works multiple times); use restart fade instead

additionally:
- on fadeout finished is only triggered once anyway, so no need for trigger once there
- I added an opacity-condition to always make the fade finish before a next one is started, this will prevent some abrupt opacity changes when it suddenly changes the fade.
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:04 am

thank's a lot for your help, you saved my day! i understand my mistakes now ;)
B

Return to How do I....?