on node-webkit freeze or input lag issue

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:52 am

The installed version of Chrome should have no bearing on this issue. Its all directly linked to Node-webkit.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Ok that's good - I would hate to have to tell my users ...

"Hey you need to install Google Chrome in order to play my game"

Since I'm building a Windows PC game after all.

I really hope that all this drama is sorted out before February 2015 - that's my deadline for my game's release.

I would hate to have wasted months of hard work - just because of this freezing issue.

Also, I hope work is being done to integrate STEAM features.
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:33 pm

I've been only using node webkit for my games so far. Insanity's Blade has been going on since April of 2013 and I've yet to have freezing issues. Mind you for our final build I went back to that old stable version someone posted just for my windows version because the last view have dropped my frame rate significantly. Especially with the r178 build of Construct 2. Another issue I have been having is non global objects carrying over to other layouts and slowing down the game. I've had to put code in to destroy all objects at the end of each stage to avoid it. Otherwise it drops from 60 to 10fps by the time you've played 4 stages. I didn't notice it so bad in anything aside of Node Webkit though it could be a C2 issue...

Looking forward to a new stable release with better speed myself!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:36 pm

I was crossing my fingers really hard until now, reading all the topics related to the NodeWebkit freezes.

... and, here I am too : /

I just exported my build for PAX, and the game is totally unplayable. It freezes like every 15 seconds, and freezes are at last 2 or 3 seconds long.
I don't know what to do. I tried the replace the nodewebkit files with old ones, as adviced in other topics. But the game crashes at launch.

I really have to find something in the next 2 days... any idea?

The game is running at a rock solid 60fps in chrome, Freezes seem only related to NW.

( Sorry to use alerts, but I think I have to for this time: @rogerwang, @Ashley )
Image | @AurelRegard on twitter
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Aurel wrote:I was crossing my fingers really hard until now, reading all the topics related to the NodeWebkit freezes.

... and, here I am too : /

I just exported my build for PAX, and the game is totally unplayable. It freezes like every 15 seconds, and freezes are at last 2 or 3 seconds long.
I don't know what to do. I tried the replace the nodewebkit files with old ones, as adviced in other topics. But the game crashes at launch.

I really have to find something in the next 2 days... any idea?

The game is running at a rock solid 60fps in chrome, Freezes seem only related to NW.

( Sorry to use alerts, but I think I have to for this time: @rogerwang, @Ashley )

Use chrome for in full screen pax. I don't have any other ideas.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Thanks for the answer!

That's my plan. But I'm supposed to leave some preview builds for press, too...

I think I'm not using any recent new C2 features, is there a way to convert the project so I can roll-back at a previous C2/NodeWebkit version?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:38 pm

@Aurel: Opening the capx file in a soft like winzip, export all the files (it makes the hierarchy like a saved folder), open the .caproj file in the notepad and modify the line with the tag "<saved-with-version>" to a number that correspond with the previous version you're trying to open the project in.
Save the caproj file and open it in C2 it should work.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:46 pm

You, Sir, made my night!

Alright, let's play mad scientist now!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 pm

@Giganten what's your OS version and hardware? I tried loading the URL in node-webkit here on Mac OS X 10.8 and it works well. Will try it on more Mac and other systems tomorrow.
B

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:24 pm

@rogerwang

Forgot the mac part in the first test.

Some more testing

Mac OS X 10.7

C2 node-webkit export - Haven't seen any freezing yet
node-webkit "original" - Haven't seen any freezing yet

Mac OS X 10.7 - Fusion (Win7)

C2 node-webkit export - Frequent freezing
node-webkit "original" - Random freezing

Win 8