on node-webkit freeze or input lag issue

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:25 am

Here is the NW 0.9.2 version (IT FREEZES)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nn9sb7k5yp50 ... 2.rar?dl=0

for now the only one that does not causes the freeze its 0.8.6

please... i need this working :/ i was planing to start my indeigogo on december...
but now, i cant realese anything in this state... its unplayable
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:15 am

@Lunatrap, I mean you should export your game as HTML, put it to some online place to get an URL. Then make sure the game under the URL works well with Chrome 35, but works badly when you start plain node-webkit and navigate to the URL.
B

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:18 am

A Chrome 35 version I can find is here: >>http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php<<
B

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:25 am

Ok, this is interesting. I opened nwtest.capx from Giganten and tried it out on Windows 8.1 64-bit on an i5 2500K with Radeon HD 6850 (C2 178).

When I preview as node-webkit from inside C2, everything works great, but when I make a real node-webkit export, the win32 program freezes occasionally for 1-2 seconds. It goes down to 0 CPU during the freeze and I cannot exit the program until after the freeze. Usually it freezes once or more just a few seconds after I start the program, but sometimes it runs fine for minutes. I haven't managed to get any freezes in the preview node-webkit so far.

@Ashley What difference is there between running a preview node-webkit and making a full node-webkit export?

Maybe it's related to some js minification that occurs in full export but not preview?
Last edited by SirSpunky on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:57 am

Here's a URL with the HTML export of the app:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/242 ... index.html

I tried running it in stand-alone NW 0.10.2 win32. It seems to have similar freeze issues. Although it seems to work slightly better, after about 10 refreshes I got a big freeze of 10 seconds after about 1 minute. It's a bit tricky to reproduce as it requires some waiting, and seems to be randomly distributed.

Haven't tried Chrome 35 yet.
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:44 am

I see that Node Webkit is still giving trouble. I plan to release my game February next year.

I sincerely hope that this problem is fully taken care of before then.

Development of my game is going well - except for Node Webkit - and since I plan to make a Windows PC game for STEAM, Node WebKit NEEDS to work.

I shudder to think that all these months of development would be in vain - just because of Node Webkit :(
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 am

@vlweb3d

i feel your pain :( i have been developing a game for 1 year.... everything was going great...until this came along...
i was planing on starting my indeigogo and now i need to wait :/

my future depens on this game ... :/ please we need this fixed.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:38 am

@rogerwang

I think the breakdown people are having (myself included) is that we don't know how to run a URL in what sounds like a standalone version of Node-WebKit... It sounds like that's what *you* need out of the process (is to test in NodeWebkit as a standalone URL / HtMl5 game uploaded to a server.. And again testing in Chrome 35.. Is it possible to direct us to or provide instructions on how we would run our game in Node-WebKit as a URL?

For other C2ers: this is what we need to help @rogerwang:

1) export your game to HTML5 build
2) upload said game to your server / Dropbox etc
3) run the game in Nodewebkit as per Rogers instructions (I'll update this post if I can compile from external sources)
4) does game freeze when running in Nodewebkit?
5) does it run well in chrome 35 (link for chrome 35 above)?

If it breaks it Nodewebkit but runs well in chrome 35 report back here with the URL of your game and roger can look into it.

Thanks guys.. Roger if you can give me explanation on running in Nodewebkit as per above ill do my best to help.

Cheers
Nate
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:34 am

@80bit
Export for html5 , upload to server | dropbox
run C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\node-webkit\win32\nw.exe
Go to the url in address bar