On Signal Trigger Event Suggestion

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:43 am

Hi,

I would like to suggest a new system event, " on signal" which will be a trigger event. So in addition to waiting for a certain signal (e.g. Wait for signal action), there should a trigger for the signal action.

Thanking you,
Warm Regards,
akkthedev :D
Something big is coming...
To the Windows Store, App Store, Play Store and 14 other app marketplaces near you! :)
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:13 pm

You can easily achieve this functionality using variables or groups. I don't see the purpose of having this "on signal" event.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:03 pm

glerikud wrote:You can easily achieve this functionality using variables or groups. I don't see the purpose of having this "on signal" event.

can you tell how, please? I am kinda struggling with it rn.

Thanks in advance,
akkthedev :D
To the Windows Store, App Store, Play Store and 14 other app marketplaces near you! :)
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:14 pm

Easily, you just activate/deactivate groups instead of this "On signal" event. Also you can use a variable like "can_begin" with default value at 0. The make the event Compare variable "can begin" = 1 & Trigger once while true. You just have to change the value of the variable wherever you want to "signal" it. Just don't forget to reset it's value if you plan on using it more than once. You can even use functions for that.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:22 am

Thank you very much @glerikud. Will implement the same
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General