On the topic of Velocity.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Is there a way to set the Velocity of a Platform or Psychics Sprite? Or should I just repeatedly change the X and Y?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh wow, that was the 3,000th thread in this section

• Yes, when choosing a new action, at the the top of the window listing the possible actions, there are tabs to choose actions related to behaviors applied to the object

• Really... because when I checked the Physics tab, it was empty. Strange, I'll doublecheck.

• It's there.

For one of your conditions, click "New action." Choose the object you have the Physics behavior applied to. Go to the Physics tab. At the bottom, there should be a Velocity section with an option that says "Set velocity." It will ask you to input the X and Y components of velocity for the object.

You can also read the object's velocity instead of setting it. If you want something to happen when the velocity in the x direction reaches a certain level, for example, you could do the following:

Insert event --> System --> Compare --> select the "Value 1" field --> select the object from the list of objects at the bottom of the window --> go to the Physics tab --> choose "Get velocity x component"

You can then choose the value to compare the x velocity to. When you're done, you'll have a new condition on the event sheet. You can then add actions to that condition which will execute when the condition is met.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)