Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:31 pm

what a waste of time... :lol:

Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:18 pm

New update (v.0.75)

+The alien ships and the aliens on the planets now have a health.
Different aliens have different health attributes so some are weak and easy to kill other are stronger.
(later in the game they get realy strong - but you have the chance to find upgrades for armor and weapons on the planets and you will get a better ship while the gameplay)
+Laser and rockets have also different destruction values. You have to shoot several times with the laser to smash a space ship.
+The players ship now have an acceleration value and if the energy is low (<10%) the engine get overheated and run with only 40% (slow). You have to recharge on a planet or collect energy parts to cool the engine down.
+Even more sounds added
+now there is a 10% chance to visit planet without lifeforms.
+Savegame system optimized

+A banana and lemon planet added... :lol:

mercuryus
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Looking good so far. Nice to see you make some good progress. Very interesting project for me because I'm also doing a space game right now :)

Keep it up :)
Working on "EVERBLAST"
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:04 pm

I have tried it, it's like a not serious game made with serious. :D

I really like the different planets parameters, the wind, the temperature, the toxic effects. Combined with items you can find, I found a vest with better resistance to the cold.
I had an experience on a planet where I couldn't get back to my ship cause of the wind, I slided from right edge to left edge to get back in my ship. This was fun.

The transition effect space/planet is nice.

There was some little bugs but I don't renember all of them. The one that made me quit the game = I was unable to get back in space with my ship.
I don't really like the enemies look and behaviors, they all fly around quickly except some giant heads who jump from the ground.
You could highlight the ressources to pick up, at first I didn't know what to collect on the ground.

Keep up the good work. :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Wow - thank you for your (both) nice words! 8-)
Today i worked on the next level (the alien space ship you need to travel through black holes, the hyper balls [also for black hole travel]) and added some of the level2-aliens (with new behaviors :mrgreen: )

I think i will not show you the game at this stage to keep you some surprises (and i add some funny things :twisted: )

So i will upload the next version if i finished the level2 (and the games starts again at the beginning).
You should have the chance for all the fun of the gameplay :lol: not jumping to the end of the game...

mercuryus

ok, here's the alien space ship sprite so far....

Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:35 pm

Very good

I liked the color composition.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:22 am

I've played some time for the "perfect" starfield particle behavior.

Some 'creations' i put together for the 'planet player'

take look .... https://youtu.be/vWAorw3ebbs

A bit psychedelic :shock: :D

Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:25 am

Status report!
Comming to an end... :P

Meanwhile all the basic parts are implemented (all Enemies, the complete game mechanics, the sounds & music).
Now i will do my favorite: balancing

- the alien attributes of all stages have to work with the ressources in the level
- the missions (you will slightly be guided through the game - but it's not a must) have to be placed at the right time
- the final BIG BOSS needs some extra AI to be seperated enough from the aliens crowd :o
- and further nice 'situations' to have more surprises for the player (some are already implemented - see it your self)

***********************************************************************************************
* I'm in need of some serious beta testers (not only touch the game but play it to the end and give feedback!)
* If you're interrested playing the game before release send me a pm and i will send you the link to the beta-test.

***********************************************************************************************

no not a level - just an alien beta briefing :lol: :
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:07 pm

Wisdoms wrote:But will you able to play with your friends? Will there be multiplayer?

hahahahahahaha

Also the game looks great! Played around with the demo on the first post, had some fun :)
Are you hoping to eventually add materials that you can collect on each planet? (Sorry if you already answered this in an earlier post)
I like giving game advice more than I actually like making games ;)

B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:49 pm

TabloidA wrote:Are you hoping to eventually add materials that you can collect on each planet? (Sorry if you already answered this in an earlier post)

Yes you can actually (not published version) collect alien art (it'a score multiplicator) and ammo and of cause the highly needed upgrades.
Later you'll find a new (alien) spaceship you have to support with (lost) alien technology to pass the black holes (found on planets).

But there will come more!

After some feedback i'll add a "Killer"-mode where you can find new weapons (with different behavior/strength) and the needed ammo for it. For this mode the alien attack behavior will be radical changed.

So in the end (hopfully soon :|) you can play two different modes: explore & fight... (probably with different endings)
Image Image Image
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests