Online Game using HTML Object - Theory

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:03 pm

[quote="Ashley":1iv7tdxu]The simplest solution is probably for someone to write an online plugin :P[/quote:1iv7tdxu]

Been waiting on that for months :/

Also, Dataflash... If you test anything out, I'd be keen to see how it works out. If it's plausible for something simple, it may work for something more complicated.

@Keys
Hmmm well that sort of confirms the IRC idea... though I would have no idea where to start with something like that. It's been so many YEARS since I've used IRC I would have to relearn all of that stuff just to get a room going with reliable bots... which would then need programming scripts etc etc.

I am still determined to find a way... I work with the tools I have... and since I don't have a proper tool, I will dodgy something together and make it work as good as it can.

Thanks for your input everyone... I think I have enough information thusly to realise this won't be easy, but should at least be possible to some extent. If anyone gets all excited and starts playing with this idea themselves, please share any results you find so we can all learn from it.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:31 pm

[quote="SoldjahBoy":3fgtvmjr][quote="Ashley":3fgtvmjr]The simplest solution is probably for someone to write an online plugin :P[/quote:3fgtvmjr]

Been waiting on that for months :/

Also, Dataflash... If you test anything out, I'd be keen to see how it works out. If it's plausible for something simple, it may work for something more complicated.

@Keys
Hmmm well that sort of confirms the IRC idea... though I would have no idea where to start with something like that. It's been so many YEARS since I've used IRC I would have to relearn all of that stuff just to get a room going with reliable bots... which would then need programming scripts etc etc.

I am still determined to find a way... I work with the tools I have... and since I don't have a proper tool, I will dodgy something together and make it work as good as it can.

Thanks for your input everyone... I think I have enough information thusly to realise this won't be easy, but should at least be possible to some extent. If anyone gets all excited and starts playing with this idea themselves, please share any results you find so we can all learn from it.

~Sol[/quote:3fgtvmjr]

The mIRC part shouldn't be all that difficult. When I came up with it I only knew the very basics of scripting for it. So if I could understand it back then, you'd sail through it, lol. I do remember creating a bot that behaved so much like a human, people thought it really was. I was so proud hahaha. A quick search on google though appears to show it can do even more than what I mentioned. Making Dll's for it and the like. Chances are you could probably get damn close to real time online play.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Open Tibia uses HTML Objects and it works perfectly. The only thing that would give it unlimited ability is if you edit the Open Tibia source(c++) to remove whatever limitation you may experience, but for people without c++ experience, they still have a whole lot of options by just knowing HTML and can pretty much customize the game in hundreds of different ways.
B
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion