Online Multiplayer test. Please

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 5:35 am

Hello, just been tinkering with some net coding stuff. It would be awesome if some fantastic forum developers could give the "game" a quick test. It's very rudimentary, most bugs are out and there was no bugs cropping up in the last dozen tests.

If any bugs alert windows popup let me know. Not sure if i'll bug fix anytime soon; as it's already taken 3 days away from my primary game.

Multiplayer test shooter

Important
* Tested on Chrome, FF, Opera. May not work with IE

* Click "Join Game". DON'T CLICK ON IT MORE THAN ONCE. BE PATIENT. There is a 3 second delay after connecting to the server to validate the arena room has been joined. Should take apx 4 to 10 seconds to join the game. Clicking on Join Game more than once, will just break it. Might fix later :P

* You will Enter the match with 10 seconds of shields. Your shield will block your own shots.
* Controls are WASD
* Shoot with left clickwdsss
* 10 health
* get disconnected when 0 health
* Mouse Aiming is funny when at the arena borders(fix is low priority)
* no dead reckoning,
* no client prediction
* websocket, not UDP. So there is a delay. Attempted to balance shooting a little

* will leave the server up, but my computer sleep modes at night.
* timeout after 3000 seconds
* No idea if it works outside my network
* the server I'm running IP might change. tonight, tomorrow, next month
* 100 player limit.... I garuntee the game won't run well. I have no idea if it will run well with 1 player over the internet :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 5:53 am

@jayderyu Pretty cool! I just tested your game did you use a plugin or make your own? There was no sound was there suppose to be?
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 6:00 am

Thank you very much. Appreciate the comment.

I wrote the plugin myself.

No sound was added to the game at all. the game itself was a quick throw together

Must reiterate. the aiming is wonky at the side :(jayderyu2013-05-07 06:02:22
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 6:13 am

For a quick throw together it's working quite nicely. I experienced no lag, or time delays logging in or playing. Also aiming worked for me. I was playing on a almost 4 year old laptop with a old out dated graphics card.

I would like to try this with 100 players just to see how it performs.

I think you got something good started here keep at it.
Wink2013-05-07 06:14:31
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 6:24 am

@Wink
aaahhh... I think the 100 players would kill my bandwidth :D Your right though. I would like to see performance at 4/8/16 players. It's not written to handle any specific number. So I'm sure problems will occur with only a handful.

Once I finish my Ouya game I'll probably see if there is interest to taking local mp, to online Mp.

I'm located in Vancouver, BC, Canada as is the server. Let me know where your located so I know the distance is involved.

I'll be leaving the server up. But I can't garuntee how it will work through the night with sleep mode on. Also i'll be ending my client connection tonight. So the server might/probably be empty.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 6:35 am

I live in Juneau, Wisconsin, USA.

Maybe tomorrow around 8:00am Central Standard time when Ashley, and everyone is usually on line would be a good time to try to get more players to test with.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 6:38 am

well. I'll try to have everything up and running. Even if I'm a sleep or getting my kids off to school.

Thanks for the testing @Wink :) I think I finally saw some jumping, but it was quick and didn't seem so bad. Considering there is no compensation.

B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 9:55 am

Not loading for me :(

I waited about 30 seconds and tried a few times on chrome.

B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 10:25 am

working for me. but game created two characters for me, i was controlling both at the same time.

there was some minor lag too. my enemy was making little jumps/teleports in game-space :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 10:26 am

Tested and worked nicely.
At the beginning in first 10sec of the game I have some lag but then all normalised.
You have done an extreme good work, keep going.
Free 20GB of storage - Use This Link
You must signup and install the software to receive additional 5GB
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General