Hello, just been tinkering with some net coding stuff. It would be awesome if some fantastic forum developers could give the "game" a quick test. It's very rudimentary, most bugs are out and there was no bugs cropping up in the last dozen tests.
If any bugs alert windows popup let me know. Not sure if i'll bug fix anytime soon; as it's already taken 3 days away from my primary game.Multiplayer test shooter
* Tested on Chrome, FF, Opera. May not work with IE
* Click "Join Game". DON'T CLICK ON IT MORE THAN ONCE. BE PATIENT. There is a 3 second delay after connecting to the server to validate the arena room has been joined. Should take apx 4 to 10 seconds to join the game. Clicking on Join Game more than once, will just break it. Might fix later :P
* You will Enter the match with 10 seconds of shields. Your shield will block your own shots.
* Controls are WASD
* Shoot with left clickwdsss
* 10 health
* get disconnected when 0 health
* Mouse Aiming is funny when at the arena borders(fix is low priority)
* no dead reckoning,
* no client prediction
* websocket, not UDP. So there is a delay. Attempted to balance shooting a little
* will leave the server up, but my computer sleep modes at night.
* timeout after 3000 seconds
* No idea if it works outside my network
* the server I'm running IP might change. tonight, tomorrow, next month
* 100 player limit.... I garuntee the game won't run well. I have no idea if it will run well with 1 player over the internet :D