Online Multiplayer video tutorials?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • Kyatric

I enjoyed the video tutorials on your website. Have you ever made any step by step tutorials for online Multiplayer? If not, do you know of anyone who has? Videos make a bigger impact for me vs reading.

• I haven't.

I'm not sure if video would be the best support for such a complex subject though.

Nevertheless, stay tuned to the forums and to Scirra's social medias, more documentation is in the works on this very subject, soon to be released.

• Kyatric

I enjoyed the video tutorials on your website. Have you ever made any step by step tutorials for online Multiplayer? If not, do you know of anyone who has? Videos make a bigger impact for me vs reading.

For now, I would recommend playing around with the templates. It can be overwhelming at first but Construct 2/3 does a lot of the heavy lifting for you - try to focus on figuring out how syncing objects and sending/receiving messages works. It becomes quite simple the more you progress. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

All that said - don't bother using Construct 3 for Multiplayer unless local preview gets added: https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-314

Construct 2 is your best bet for now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Kyatric

[quote:2vppjj4o]Nevertheless, stay tuned to the forums and to Scirra's social medias, more documentation is in the works on this very subject, soon to be released.

Was this what you were referring to, or is there more to come?

https://www.scirra.com/blog/225/making- ... ce=NewBlog

• Yes.

I'm aware it isn't step by step, I was only told it was coming and was dealing with making a multiplayer game, giving away pretty good tips.

We'll see in the future if I'm up to dive in making such a tutorial but I currently really don't have the time to make one anyway.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)