Online Single/Multi-player Board Games - Anyone?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:48 am

I would like to use C2 to create an online single/multi-player board game (something similar to Monopoly) with 50 spaces, 30 cards, money and a six-sided dice.

Did anyone use C2 to create an online board game before?

I would like to hear from you :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:06 am

I'm building an engine for a client, and currently porting it to multiplayer - works flawlessly so far.
So can absolutely be done.
See screenshot
boardengine.JPG

... not pretty, it is strictly functionality (board game template that game concepts can be plugged into).
8 players max
Turn based play. Random dice. Auto token movement based on dice throw.
Currently only 1 set of cards, but plan is to have 8 sets (its a template for future board games)
Haven't built in money yet, client not sure if he wants to go that route or make it part of GUI

But it is totally possible. It is going to take you some time as nothing is written tutorial wise that caters specifically towards this type of game, so you are going to have to figure out a fair amount by yourself using what's available and molding it to your current needs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:25 am

Fantastic! Your creation has boosted my confidence in using CS2 to build online board games.

Building an engine for the game? Are you referring to Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:45 am

Perhaps wrong word on my part. Template probably better word. I used engine because it can drive various board games, well that is what I am trying to do, within reason of course.
And yes, I am planning on implementing AI, so can be a single player game too. (this is where I will probably have to employ someone as I am not very good with AI.)

There are a number of tuts in tutorial section. Which cover token movement to cards etc
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:59 am

Looking forward to seeing your fruits of labor :)
B
S
G

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas